Does anyone know the height of this rigid :)

hi there everyone i was out in my car today and this rigid passed by me, from a distance i thought it was an artic because of its height and when it got closer and drove by me i noticed it was a class 2 wagon it is a cracker does anyone know what height it is as ive never seen a class 2 wagon that tall before, cheers dudes :slight_smile:

flickr.com/photos/gezzasgall … otostream/

bigbravo:
hi there everyone i was out in my car today and this rigid passed by me, from a distance i thought it was an artic because of its height and when it got closer and drove by me i noticed it was a class 2 wagon it is a cracker does anyone know what height it is as ive never seen a class 2 wagon that tall before, cheers dudes :slight_smile:

flickr.com/photos/gezzasgall … otostream/

That certainly is some tall rigid…i suspect it’s only as tall as the double deck trailers you seen going up and down the motorway,around 15ft 6 inches i’d guess! :wink:

i think its a cracker of a rigid dunno what it would be like to drive with a trailer connected to the back of it on a windy day :grimacing: :grimacing:

bigbravo:
i think its a cracker of a rigid dunno what it would be like to drive with a trailer connected to the back of it on a windy day :grimacing: :grimacing:

If it is a drawbar outfit minus it’s trailer,then it might actually be more stable when it’s connected and fully loaded of course,if you get the chance,try to track it down at the services on the motorway and ask the driver what it’s like to operate. I wouldn’t fancy it on a windy day myself! :wink:

That is tall, maybe specially designed? It’s carrying/carries dangerous goods too.

they collect all the biohazard waste from hospitals and they are double deckers from the look of them they look like they are a bit of a handful :open_mouth:

i see this wagon around quite alot if i see about parked up i will ask the driver what its like to drive the company is from shotts :wink:

bigbravo:
i see this wagon around quite alot if i see about parked up i will ask the driver what its like to drive the company is from shotts :wink:

If you do manage to catch up with it,keep us posted.I don’t get that far North very often,and i’ve never seen it operating anywhere on the M6 corridor in the Northwest.

will do m8 :grimacing:

We have some round here - they are DDs loaded with wheely skips full of hazardous medical waste for the incinerator. Horrible job but the pay’s quite good.

Viridor waste down in the west country have some tall rigid trucks. Probably doing the same job as this one.

Yuk.

I’ve seen one of these at Bedford Hospital regularly, picking up the waste needles etc. Mainly at night or very early in the morning. It’s definitely a monster. With reference to previous comments, I wouldn’t fancy driving one in a gale.

prob about 16’2" as said it’ll be a DD top deck will be all lightweight seen an old one a few times pullin a trailer looks to handle ok should be not much dif to drivin a normal Decker slow and steady

Good grief! That’s asking to be blown over.

Centaur Services from Castle Cary got some very tall rigids and they must be over 15’ 6".

Some of the airfreight firms around Heathrow have tall rigids for carrying the Q7 aircraft pallets.
Think they run at about 15’3.

ive seen taht company running into Veolia’s incinerator in Four Ashes by Cannock .I followed one the one day when it was windy and the driver had his hands full, the way he was being blown around .

I’ve seen a volkswagen LT 3.5t at 4m high in romania, I don’t think it ever drives up and down A9 during fall :smiley:

I dont know the height.
But its the stupid british way of taking trucks of the road by making them higher.
Which is ok until the wind picks up and the you cant go out of the gates just in case you get blown over . when these people learn
we dont need stipid high trailer and rigids on the road we can cope running at 4.2m.