Does anybody know why MAN putting yellow nut covers on

Hi, just wondering why MAN is putting bright yellow/green nut covers on the lift axles■■? and its only the lift axles . if a mid lift or a tag 6x2 the still on the lift axle and only the lift axle

Are they not those little arrows to show you if the nuts are moving?

It’s because they think the lift axle brakes are getting to hot from what I was told, cuz I’ve got red covers on mine and the plums were going put green uns on me lifter when it went for mot last week, yeh just try it pal, they say theirs are fire resistant, the ones they’ve put on one of our others are the same as the ones we’ve got on them

chillylegs:
Hi, just wondering why MAN is putting bright yellow/green nut covers on the lift axles■■? and its only the lift axles . if a mid lift or a tag 6x2 the still on the lift axle and only the lift axle

They are having a recall on lift axle brakes due to calipers seizing and threat of overheating brakes, they are recalling vehicles to check brake pad gap & calipers for seizing then fitting these wheel nut indicators so if the brakes get hot the indicators start to melt, hope this answers your question, oh by the way they are recalling THOUSANDS OF VEHICLES !!!