Does anybody deliver veg oil?

Does anybody deliver either rapeseed or sunflower oil, either in bottles, IBCs or by tanker in the Manchester or Liverpool areas? I’m looking for new or out of date clean oil, no waste oil, 1000 litres at a time. Please PM with info.

Could you really run a truck on vegetable oil?? Its not like you trying to run an old diesel astra van or something!!

Any problems it causes could prove well expensive!

bullitt:
Could you really run a truck on vegetable oil?? Its not like you trying to run an old diesel astra van or something!!

Yes you can, we had a few runing on rapeseed oil, to expensive now, but had a good succes with the FH12’s

caledoniandream:
Yes you can, we had a few runing on rapeseed oil, to expensive now, but had a good succes with the FH12’s

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Well, never realised that!! Do you just pour it neat or thin it with something else?? Any power loss etc?

Would be a brave man to do that to £50 - £60`000 worth of truck, especially with all the on board computer senors etc!

caledoniandream:

bullitt:

Cargills Regent road Liverpool They have tonnes of the stuff :smiley:

Frans thats what the hose was, from the Tanker to the fuel Tank!!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

ravanoli:

caledoniandream:

bullitt:

Cargills Regent road Liverpool They have tonnes of the stuff :smiley:

Frans thats what the hose was, from the Tanker to the fuel Tank!!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

they use to load in a week a couple of times in the “Botlek” and parked the tanker beside the fuelstation in Erp.
This was refined rapeseed oil and was a normal edible oil.
Something like 20-30 truck where involved in the trail.
When the price went up for edible oil, they lost intrest, because it was than a useless exercise.

The main problems, was more often replacing of filters, and motoroil.
6-10% loss in power, and higher fuel consumption, however in the beginning could we buy the oil (with a license of the Dutch governement for less than a quarter of the diesel price)
The other problem is, that you cannot use it in cold weather or for the nightheater, also is the driver constantly hungry, because the trucks smells, like somebody is cooking. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
But yes in urgent situations could you run it straight out the tank into the truck.

I could imagine it in the night heater :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It would give you the boek!!! Its bad enough driving into Neuss. The whole town stinks of it :astonished:

ravanoli:
I could imagine it in the night heater :open_mouth: :open_mouth: It would give you the boek!!! Its bad enough driving into Neuss. The whole town stinks of it :astonished:

Baby oil is worse

Because you know:
Rapeseed oil is made of Rapeseed
Sunflower oil is made of Sunflowers
Olive oil is made of olives
so Baby oil is made of… :grimacing: :grimacing:

caledoniandream:

ravanoli:

Baby oil is worse

Because you know:

I am going to try and run my car on these then!

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

ravanoli:

Baby oil is worse

Because you know:

Can do but their roadholding is rubbish, and at 70 mph they smoke a lot :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Wheel Nut:

caledoniandream:

ravanoli:

Baby oil is worse

Because you know:

At least you will never get a blowout. :smiley:

To the above, don’t use super market trolley wheels, they never steer straight!.

ravanoli:

least you knew you were in the right part of town with that place. Palm Stearing is probably worse smelling than rapeseed oil,

gogzy:

ravanoli:

least you knew you were in the right part of town with that place. Palm Stearing is probably worse smelling than rapeseed oil,

I am going to try to run my car on grade 6 tallow, it will keep the dippers away.

Did no-one understand my castors to make oil from? :blush:

Wheel Nut:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes WN, I got it when you first posted the pic! :laughing: :wink:

Wheel Nut:

gogzy:

ravanoli:

I am going to try to run my car on grade 6 tallow, it will keep the dippers away.

And me.