Does any1 no about sealane?

What would sealane be like to go into as an owner/driver?
Would i be wise starting out on my own to work for them?
Only a young fella so dont no much about owner/driving yet because i dont no anyone at it?

know people that have and pulled bak off as couldnt make any money

I think you’d need an International O licence, and I know they have a strange pay structure where they hire the vehicle by the day but also expect a minimum mileage which means that if you spend most of the week on Dover-Calais ferries then they expect you to do a long trip on Fridays, and they don’t pay for Saturdays so basically they want six days’ work for five days’ money.

I’ve had some dealings with them and I found the people in the office at Harpenden very difficult to deal with.

Ok im waiting on them to send me a pack of what all they are offering.
Does anyone no any good companies that are looking for owner/drivers to pull there trailers in Europe/UK?
I wanna find a good company to go to before i buy the tractor unit!

my freinds final straw was started wednesday morning in northampton tipped nothampton and bham
reloaded bham got sent into m kenyes at 2.30 pm to load 2plts
not ready to 12 lunch next day had to sit and wait so lost a day and only paid the mileage #

that was week 3 and pulled off

Busby:
Ok im waiting on them to send me a pack of what all they are offering.
Does anyone no any good companies that are looking for owner/drivers to pull there trailers in Europe/UK?
I wanna find a good company to go to before i buy the tractor unit!

You’ll need an Operator’s Licence before you do that, and that will take several months to sort out. Where are you based?

I can rent my friends operators licence or use him as my transport manager instead of getting it myself cant I?
Based in Northern Ireland but have people over here that would get me to take trailers over to england for them so im not just going over with an empty unit.

gettin-on:
my freinds final straw was started wednesday morning in northampton tipped nothampton and bham
reloaded bham got sent into m kenyes at 2.30 pm to load 2plts
not ready to 12 lunch next day had to sit and wait so lost a day and only paid the mileage #

that was week 3 and pulled off

Cheers for that info.

Busby:
I can rent my friends operators licence or use him as my transport manager instead of getting it myself cant I?
Based in Northern Ireland but have people over here that would get me to take trailers over to england for them so im not just going over with an empty unit.

Unless things are different in N.I., you can use him as your transport manager but you can’t rent space on an Operator’s Licence, you would need your own.

K so if he is my transport manager that saves me having to get it myself then yea?

Busby:

commercialmotor.com/latest-n … hree-years

Busby:
K so if he is my transport manager that saves me having to get it myself then yea?

No, you will still need an O Licence of your own.

Busby:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: this is a wind up,innit,please!

You will need your own operators licence,but can use him as your tm ,by the way all applications are moving to Leeds from July 1st 2012.

Busby:

You need you head looked at young fella and you need to do ALOT more research :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:
You got £10k spare to get you going for the first month or so :question:
You best get you OWN Nat/Int CPC first before you do ANYTHING :exclamation: :exclamation: :sunglasses: