Does any one know

H guys I am new to the forum so firstly hi to all

I am starting my class 2 training this week with test next week , now assuming I pass ok how long after that can I take my class 1/c+e traing and test

Can it be done right after or is there’s period of time I have to wait before I can do it

Thanks in advance Neil

alright pal,

you just need to wait for your license to come back with cat c on it, then you can get on with c+e = :smiley:

two to three weeks to get your licence back, dont forget to request C+E provisional when you send it off or you will have to send it off again

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Nice one cheers lads and thanks madguy I thought it would come back with it on so I’ll make sure to ask

Thanks again

Also,bear in mind that any training you embark upon will be dependant on when a test slot is available!

To show what I mean…I passed class 2 on 4th May, I had the examiner send my licence away for the new group and provisional to be put on it. My shiny class 2 licence returned 9 days later. I contacted my training company the same day but couldn’t get a test date until 5th July…hence i start my C+E training tomorrow with my test booked for thurs pm :open_mouth:

Best of luck to you and hope you get sorted in a quicker time frame. Still haven’t driven a truck since passing my test though :frowning:

Tazbug

Tazbug:
Best of luck to you and hope you get sorted in a quicker time frame. Still haven’t driven a truck since passing my test though :frowning:

Tazbug

Tazbug, have a look at this it may be of use, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=87421

Good luck to you and the OP

madguy:
two to three weeks to get your licence back, dont forget to request C+E provisional when you send it off or you will have to send it off again

You automatically have CE provisional I believe when you pass Class C, they send it back with CE provisional.

Sam Millar:

madguy:

You automatically have CE provisional I believe when you pass Class C, they send it back with CE provisional.

If they do their job properly lol.

Best to check your categories when it comes back to make sure none have been removed either.

dar1976:

Sam Millar:

madguy:

If they do their job properly lol.

Best to check your categories when it comes back to make sure none have been removed either.

Or added for that matter, someone sent away for a provisional and it came back with a full CE entitlement iirc lol.

I ticked the box just in case, my trainer told me he had trainees booked in but DVLA hadnt put C+E Provisional on there licence so he could train them until they sent it off again and got it added

the examiner actually asked if I wanted prov C+E included :slight_smile:

Thanks Madguy, I thought i’d do that once i’ve got my C+E, I’m somewhat fortunate in that I have a full time job so I can afford to wait a while…nothing from 7 agencies, no surprise there :unamused:

Tazbug

Tazbug:
.nothing from 7 agencies, no surprise there :unamused:

Tazbug

Unfortunatly agencies seem to be a neccasary evil sometimes, we hate them but can be the only way to get the valuble experience, and there are so many crap ones out there.

I’m lucky in that respect company I have been with for 5 years are putting threw my cat c , so I am paying for my own ce knowing that once I have it I will get a truck if only covering holidays and long term sick

So should all work out well to get experience if I decide to move to another company