Dodgy tacho ?

Hi all,

I currently work for a company which operates 10 DAFs (7.5 & CL2) all are digi tachos. One of them seems a bit dodgy.You pull up for break, insert card, put on break, sit back, eat butties - all OK - until you decide to switch the ignition on to turn on radio or wind down windows and it switches you off break and back onto other work !!!

When you get back to depot you get an infringement. Is this right ? Is the tacho faulty ? Should I have to sign for the infringement ?

Sorry for being a bit short on details.

Thanks for all replies.

The tacho defaults to other work as soon as you turn the ignition on. It isn’t faulty.

If I remember correctly from other threads, it’s a simple thing for the person with a workshop card for the tacho to resolve.

what dar said. digi tachs can be set by a calibration centre to any default mode.
why not stop the engine, switch ign back on then switch to break, this would overcome the problem you are experiencing.
oh and by the way you really ought to put your card in when starting work and not waiting until you stop for a break before inserting it :smiley:

Thanks for the quick reply. Why do the other 9 not operate in a similar way ?

green456:
what dar said. digi tachs can be set by a calibration centre to any default mode.
why not stop the engine, switch ign back on then switch to break, this would overcome the problem you are experiencing.
oh and by the way you really ought to put your card in when starting work and not waiting until you stop for a break before inserting it :smiley:

Bugger, I wrongly described the process :blush:

When you turn the ignition on/off the symbol flashes. You have until it stops to set it to the one you want. If you are on the ball it does not record a change in mode and if on break does not interrupt it.

Depends on the settings for the 10 tacho’s. Sounds like someone set their one up to how they wanted it.

As far as I’m aware the default mode for when the ignition is switched off can only be set at the tachograph centre.

Sounds like the one you used was set differently to the others.