Coffeeholic:

Tockwith Training:
Sounds like your driving a DAF

Gembo:
Its an 07 Merc Axor 2629

I hope this helps.

Did you forget something CH ■■

No, I don’t think so.

Main beam and dipped bulbs are not normally the same thesedays and front fogs different again, one may have two contact points and the other three, depends on make of vehicle, type of lights, etc. No really quick answer to this than get the right bulb or go without or adjust the main beam lights as low as possible and run on them, again not easy as they usually adjust with torx screws and a driver might not carry a set of screwdrivers for those. Interesting to note the post started off with ‘I’ve just got my wagon back from a service’, wish I had a quid for everytime I’ve heard that as if all maint staff can tell when a bulb is going to go off, or other similar defects a day or so after a service. Just to make you feel better, I think at the last count you could get done on something like one of 240 odd items that could be defective on a Goods vehicle, if those VOSA men really wanted to be nasty!
Franky.

Chatting to a farmer ‘pal’ last week moaning that VOSA pulled him outside the ‘cattle market’ and gave him a ‘call back in when the animals are off’ for a GV9 as he had no brake lights working and only 1 indicator working :confused: ,
Me ’ Did you know they weren’t working when you set off ?’ (prob 5 miles tops from market)
Him ‘Yes’

So why the [zb] moan when you are stopped and asked for a check :unamused:, when you know full well you are being a knobber.

To be honest he was more ■■■■■■ off because he got a GV9 then had it removed, but got 2 letters in the post 2 days later to ‘prohib’ him then ‘unprohib’ him :unamused:

As much as VOSA wound me up when i was an OD, without them we’d be [zb] with the idiots we have out on the roads if the above is anything to go by.

speedyguy:
As much as VOSA wound me up when i was an OD, without them we’d be [zb] with the idiots we have out on the roads if the above is anything to go by.

Ah riiiiite, so im an idiot now then?? My truck is 1 hour, 30 minutes driving time post its 6 weekly safety inspection, blows a NS dip at 2 in the morning and im an idiot!!!
Love your logic there dude! Please, do carry on :unamused: :unamused: :angry:

For the rest of the more helpfull and less pedantic replys, (thanks) got a mate of mine to drive it in today and got it sorted. Oh yeah, unfortunately the dip and main are differant bulbs.

did you get a couple of extra bulbs to keep for spare?

mucker85:
did you get a couple of extra bulbs to keep for spare?

Yeah, sure did mucker. Got em all now except those un user friendly LED side markers.

Gembo, reread the post no offence taken :wink:.

Idiot refers to the type of person I was talking to who knowingly takes a trailer out with no brake lights & other lights out, not the case you mentioned, would you knowingly take the trailer out knowing the poor condition before you set off :question: and then moan about being pulled :unamused: .

It seems there are many that would so maybe there is a need for vosa to stop you ■■■ ending into nuggets like I mentioned or worse :slight_smile:

There wouldn’t be as much need for vosa if all truckers were angels eh :grimacing:

what is the relevance of how long ago it had the 6 weekly check , maybe the bulb had such a good time over christmas it forgot it had not done much since being checked , and blew its lot too quickly :laughing:

Glad you got it sorted without the law biting your arse, its all a learning experience though, I only carried spare bulbs and lenses for the trailer as most others did, if a headlight went out then it got done asp back at the workshop and we wouldn’t worry about it, however today they are all over you like a rash even with a side marker inop, with the kind of work you are doing I would get a spare bulb kit with at least one of each bulb your motor is fitted with, see your gaffer if need be and tell him no lights no go! I work for the emergency services thesedays and work a rotor stand by break down system, if one of the appliances has a (legal running) bulb out the thing doesn’t leave the station until we go and change it. I know this doesn’t always happen in the real world so a driver should be able to turn his hand to minor repairs, however how many guys bother to find out about their vehicle, how to change a bulb, a fuse or relay and in the end if you can’t get the problem sorted then at least you have tried.
Franky.

speedyguy:
Gembo, reread the post no offence taken :wink:.

Idiot refers to the type of person I was talking to who knowingly takes a trailer out with no brake lights & other lights out, not the case you mentioned, would you knowingly take the trailer out knowing the poor condition before you set off :question: and then moan about being pulled :unamused: .

It seems there are many that would so maybe there is a need for vosa to stop you ■■■ ending into nuggets like I mentioned or worse :slight_smile:

There wouldn’t be as much need for vosa if all truckers were angels eh :grimacing:

Ah right, no probs mate, i get ya :sunglasses:

d4c24a:
what is the relevance of how long ago it had the 6 weekly check , maybe the bulb had such a good time over christmas it forgot it had not done much since being checked , and blew its lot too quickly :laughing:

No relevance whatso ever! :laughing: Just sods law it went so soon after and it was the only dam bulb i didnt have at the time :blush: