Documents required

Hi all, I’m heading for Dover-Calais, I have a empty tank but it’s not been cleaned out,
1, I have filled out a document that to say that I’m empty and have stated the previous product, is that enough for getting on the ferry and driving through France and Belgium,or will I have to fill out a CMR,
2, now I know that I will have to pick up a box at the services for driving in Belgium, but the last time I was in France (3 years ago) I would buy a daily pass on line, not sure if that is still the case.
3, I have flammable 4 diamonds on the side of the tank but they are the UK ones so don’t have the number 2448 written in them, will that be a issue,
Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated

danch4:
Hi all, I’m heading for Dover-Calais, I have a empty tank but it’s not been cleaned out,
1, I have filled out a document that to say that I’m empty and have stated the previous product, is that enough for getting on the ferry and driving through France and Belgium,or will I have to fill out a CMR,
2, now I know that I will have to pick up a box at the services for driving in Belgium, but the last time I was in France (3 years ago) I would buy a daily pass on line, not sure if that is still the case.
3, I have flammable 4 diamonds on the side of the tank but they are the UK ones so don’t have the number 2448 written in them, will that be a issue,

Can’t help you on the tank side but you will need to pick your Belgian toll box up at the French/Belgian border just above Dunkirk. Stop in the layby that is on the border and there is a machine there that dispenses the toll boxes.

I’m not on top of current regs, but a tank that had hazardous may still be hazardous, untll you get a cleaning cert?

Are you on top of contract of employment docs and COVID docs?

Can’t the…

People you’re employed by/work/haul/sub-contract for help you?

yourhavingalarf:
Can’t the…

LOL people in transport offices knowing the rules and regs, next you’ll be telling me that pigs can fly :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

yourhavingalarf:
Can’t the…

LOL people in transport offices knowing the rules and regs, next you’ll be telling me that pigs can fly :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Absolutely…

I’d be surprised if team pointy shoes can even find his own backside in the dark but, if you’ve rung in asked questions, made efforts to find out then you’ve covered yer arse. If you then get stopped in France/Belgium/Holland/where ever and it’s all to rats, it’s down to them in the office to pay the fines, sort the mess out and get you going again.

Start thinking for yourself in this game now and when it goes wrong, it’s the ‘driver blame here’ game innit.

Thanks to all for your response, I met a few drivers at Purfleet and they have managed to keep me right,
Regarding the transport office, unfortunately no help at all :unamused:

Before Dave says it, who is the DGSA for your company?

It sounds like you are carrying a lift tank, ISO tank, therefore you will need to have a CMR as it is a load in itself, the

Wheel Nut:
Before Dave says it, who is the DGSA for your company?

This^^^

Any company doing any kind of dangerous goods in tanks will need a DGSA.

danch4:

Hi danch4,

If the ‘document’ is a multi-modal DGN, then that’s correct for the ferry.
A CMR will be required for the road leg of your journey, and should include the statement “Empty tank-container, last load… UN number, PSN, Class and PG.”

danch4:

I can’t help you with this one. :frowning:

danch4:

I’m not sure quite what you mean by “UK ones” but my guess is that you mean standard road placards of 250mm X 250mm and your question is to do with the type of placards that have the UN number for the dangerous goods written on them.

Proper UK placards are 200mm X 200mm and are used on the combined (5-part) hazard warning panel used on UK registered tanks when on domestic transport. (So, very unlikely to be these if you’re carrying a tank-container.)

Not to worry, because that UN number (or standard road placard with half-height orange panel containing UN number) is only required by IMDG (=on the ferry) when a load is more than 4,000kg, which won’t be the case if you pulling/carrying an ‘empty.’

Phew!..

Luckily some random drivers in a service area managed to save the day.

Don’t forget to fill in an attestation of entry to France from abroad
They might have some copies at the enquiry desk on the ferry

Translation :

" Part to be completed by the traveler

Mme/M ( put your surname and Christian name)
Ne(e) le ( Date of Birth)
Nationalite ( self explanatory)
Demeurant ( Your home address)

Then under this list
Ressortissants de l’Union européenne et assimilés 1:

Tick the box : Transporteurs de marchandises, dont les marins

At the bottom

Fait à …, le…/…/2020

(Fait a) place where you filled in the form Dover, Newhaven, Portsmouth etc and the date

(signature)

again self explanatory

Very important you do this one, you will be fined if you haven’t got it

pierrot 14:

file:///C:/Users/pierrot14/Downloads/Attestation-outre-mer-depuis-l-etranger.pdf
Translation :

Then under this list

At the bottom

Fait à …, le…/…/2020

(Fait a) place where you filled in the form Dover, Newhaven, Portsmouth etc and the date

(signature)

again self explanatory

No need…

Some drivers in Thurrock/Medway/Watford Gap have sorted all of that out.

Thanks anyway.

yourhavingalarf:

pierrot 14:

file:///C:/Users/pierrot14/Downloads/Attestation-outre-mer-depuis-l-etranger.pdf
Translation :

Then under this list

At the bottom

Fait à …, le…/…/2020

(signature)

again self explanatory

No need…

Some drivers in Thurrock/Medway/Watford Gap have sorted all of that out.

Thanks anyway.

Funny that, I was sitting in Thurrock when I posted that :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: