Documentary film - looking for contributors

Hi and I hope you can forgive this intrusion on your forum.

I originally posted this in another area of the forum with Rikki-UK’s permission. Posters there have suggested that I really need to be looking for ‘owner drivers’ as they are more likely to be able to contribute. Hence me posting again here…

I’ve been reading a lot of the threads with interest as I’m planning the production of a short (15 minute) documentary about the long distance driving experience within the UK.

I’m posting to see if anyone on here would be interested in participating.

I’m looking for a range of drivers who are willing to invite me into their vehicle for one long journey within the UK. I would ask all kinds of questions on camera about the lifestyle but also just invite drivers to talk openly about how they feel about their job, the changes in the industry, the roads, the service stations, the things they witness, the other people on the roads…and anything else that takes their fancy. I’m interested in painting a picture of Britain from the unique perspectives of long distance drivers.

The film, once finished, will be distributed on the internet via various social networks, video sharing sites and documentary sites. It will also be shown around a series of film and documentary festivals with the hope of generating interest from broadcasters and distributors. We may also look at doing special screenings around the country and may enter the film or a shorter version into competitions for emerging filmmakers. I’m afraid we can’t offer any payment for your contribution - we’ll be making this off our own backs in an attempt to build up our track record before moving on to bigger, funded projects of a similar nature.

As an example of the kind of film this will be, you might like to watch the trailer for ‘The Solitary Life of Cranes’ here - youtube.com/watch?v=dN8KvjNiFTU.

If this sounds of interest, please do drop me a line - ed@sortoffilms.co.uk is the best way to get me. Or feel free to PM me on here.

Thanks for your time!

Ed