Doctors on wheels

Afternoon guys.

Just booked my medical for tuesday woohoo, step one, might not sound alot but it’s a step in the right direction for me.

Anyhow when I’ve been reading on here I’ve seen people saying they’ve taken ‘samples’ with them. My conformation email doesn’t mention having to take one so what’s the verdict? Might sound a trivial post but I don’t want any delays.

No samples required

Have a good read of the stickies near the top of this forum

I thought I had to take samples of blood/■■■■■/urine,and ■■■ with me for my medical,so I just put a pair of my misses skiddies into a plastic bag,and took that. :grimacing:

I had to take urine sample, Doc said only test they do is diabetes, rest is Q & A stuff. Wasn’t even there 10 min!

You don’t need any samples. But, if you wear specs/lenses, you will either need an up to date opticians prescription or you will need to take the completed form to the optician for them to complete the 1st page.

Good luck - - - and don’t worry too much about the rectal examination. You’ll get over it.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

They should have sent you a sample bottle in the post…make sure your shoe laces are undone as you will have to take them off when you go in…its very regimental and quick, I think its more like a production line.
Enjoy :wink:

I had to produce a sample in the surgery , to test. For diabetes

I’ve no idea how Doctors on Wheels operate but the last time I had a HGV medical I had to take a urine sample,

Urine samples have not been required for the last few months. But opticians prescriptions never used to be required but are now. Things change.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the answers guys, will find out at 10am tomorrow :smiley:

Cough… :wink:

Done and dusted, met him in a sprinter van of all things all plastered up doctors on wheels. In and out in less than 10 mins, quick eye test, asked if i’d ever had a heart transplant or suffer from blackouts, blood pressure, sign and done.

My next question is does anybody know how long the DVLA are taking to get licenses back out at the minute? I heard their was a backlog.

About 10 days

Fingers crossed then

Also just ordered this;

Is this the right book for CPC? It says 2009 but I can’t seem to find any recent ones

tommyboy1289:
Fingers crossed then

Also just ordered this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0115530010/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Is this the right book for CPC? It says 2009 but I can’t seem to find any recent ones

Waste of time that book

ROG:

tommyboy1289:
Fingers crossed then

Also just ordered this;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0115530010/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Waste of time that book

So what would be advisable to learn from then for the case studies?

My mate used drivingtheory4all.co.uk it’s about £18 for 3 months passed his theory first time with the help of this site!