DOCTORS GRRRRRR!

Decided I would have my medical at my local surgery this time as they have my medical records etc. Big mistake took me two weeks to get an appointment, when I finally got the medical done he told me there were no problems so I paid the £85 and went home. Then looked at the form and realised he had missed a bit, took it back the next day and got it sorted. Today I get a letter from the DVLA saying the vision correction glasses worn for driving is not well tolerated, therefore I don’t meet the eyesight standard so I cannot drive group two vehicles until confirmation is received that I can meet the standard. I have 21 days to get it sorted.
But I can’t work until I do. How much do Doctors get paid, how much training do they get, yet they can’t fill in a relatively simple form.

When I had my last medical, about two years ago, the doctor told me that he couldn’t complete the eyesight part of the form any more and I had to get that part done by an optician.

On the form I had it stated the test could be done by either Doctor or Optician.

Bet you wish you had changed the photo a few months ago and got 5 years free

Next time use a D4 medical service for under £60

Did that last time it’s about eight years since my last medical.
Enlighten me D4 ?

Doctors on wheels think its £51 quid can not fault them
They know what they are doing

knight2:
Enlighten me D4 ?

Use the cheap as chips Dr I think Rog was on about

STEVE THE RED:
Doctors on wheels think its £51 quid can not fault them
They know what they are doing

The one I used didn’t! He filled in the eyesight part of the form wrong and according to DVLA, I was as blind as a bat and they would be revoking my licence unless I provided another eyesight result. Luckily my optician did it FOC and sent the results to DVLA and everything was fine after that.

I’ll never use Doctors on wheels again!! You buy cheap, you get cheap.

knight2:
Enlighten me D4 ?

DVLA LGV medical form is a D4

Those who not had a licence issued after oct 2012 can simply change the photo to get 5 years longer for LGV entitlement if a medical is due but the photo needs changing at least 3 months before the medical due date

my last medical was done through work and they dealt with dvla ect, i,m now at a different place and just wondering does the DVLA notify you when one is due or is it up to you to sort it and keep up to date… thanks

ROG:
Those who not had a licence issued after oct 2012 can simply change the photo to get 5 years longer for LGV entitlement if a medical is due but the photo needs changing at least 3 months before the medical due date

I’m confused by the Oct 2012 bit. Could you clarify that please?

My next medical is due in July 2018 (previous one obviously in July 2013). Can I take advantage of the photo-change “method” ?

Got to the surgery as it was opening this morning, got the form filled in correctly this time. Got apologies from the receptionist but not from the doctor :angry: . Took it straight to the post office and sent it recorded delivery, so now just wait and see.

ROG:

knight2:
Enlighten me D4 ?

DVLA LGV medical form is a D4

ooh that D4 :blush: :blush:

dle1uk:
my last medical was done through work and they dealt with dvla ect, i,m now at a different place and just wondering does the DVLA notify you when one is due or is it up to you to sort it and keep up to date… thanks

You will get the forms through the post about a month before it is due, then it is up to you to organise it .

When I did my medical I recall reading/noting something about eyesight, where this gist was that if you have a prescription, you’re probably better off getting your optometrist to fill that section out. That’s what I did as the timing was convenient and I think they charged me £25, but as I had no issues from the DVLA I think it was worth it. Next time though I’ll probably time getting some new specs with my medical, and just ensure I have a copy of my eye prescription to give that to the doctor so he can fill the lot in.

Harry Monk:
When I had my last medical, about two years ago, the doctor told me that he couldn’t complete the eyesight part of the form any more and I had to get that part done by an optician.

When I did my medical I took a copy of my most recent eyesight test which the doctor doing the medical accepted

I took my prescription from my last eye test which was about 6 months ago, not sure how much it helped though.

What’s the score with wearing glasses when driving exactly concerning the medical, I have took to wearing my vari focals lately, it’s got to the stage where I need them.
My mate has worn his for years and they resemble jam jar bottoms, his eyes are obviously worse than mine, so there must be some level of tolerance.

Some people wear glasses to aid their vision while driving but have no restriction on their licence, and others HAVE to wear glasses to drive and do have a restriction on their licence.

It depends how crap your eyes are mate…

Has any one on here had laser treatment? I have thought about getting it done as I have to wear reading glasses.