Do yourself a favour

In my job, I unfortunately don’t use the same truck all the time and find myself sharing a unit with a number of other driver’s who don’t bode well with my hygene standards. On a number of occasions I have taken to wiping the steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake lever with some astonishing results.

Try it, most of you will be amazed. :open_mouth:

Actually, even if you drive a truck exclusively yourself, you will find that the steering wheel becomes filthy very quickly. I normally clean mine at least twice a week and the cloth becomes black, even though i try to keep my hands clean during the day.

Woody:
In my job, I unfortunately don’t use the same truck all the time and find myself sharing a unit with a number of other driver’s who don’t bode well with my hygene standards. On a number of occasions I have taken to wiping the steering wheel, gear lever and handbrake lever with some astonishing results.

No thanks. Ignorance being bliss and all of that. The standard sweaty crotch stain on the seat tells me all I need to know.

I’m with Conor on this one!! I don’t want to know.

I kinda treat the steering wheel the same as toilet flush handle - I ain’t eating me sarnies until i’ve washed me 'ands!!! Don’t know what you’ll catch!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I know the feeing fellow drivers. I’m am about to end my employment for number of reasons, most are not negative views of the current job/employer but are reasons for myself. One however is cleanliness of a shard unit I drive. We have a no smoking policy so it beggars belief to finds rolling baccy stuck to tea stains around the gearshift gator and ash over the dash screen :question:

Clorox handy wipes,or whatever sanitizing wipes you have over there.I keep them in my bag and use them to remove “night driver” germs :open_mouth: from the steering wheel etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

Woody:

Yea,you could get an infection :unamused:

Lovlyperson:
Yea,you could get an infection :unamused:

That sounds like a comment one might hear from ‘the great unwashed’ we seem to sometimes find in our industry. :unamused:

A little bit of cleanliness and H&H (Health & Hygiene) costs nothing and goes a long way … :wink: