Do you vape?

Remember the trucker who spontaneously burst into flames in his cab while sleeping?

liveleak.com/view?i=369_1500060183

Who said it was a vape battery? It was more likely to be a mobile phone battery in her bag, it isn’t the place to keep it. if it was a vape It would make more sense for her to keep it in her pocket. Another scare tactic from the tobacco companies ? Either way it isn’t a common occurrence, more Vauxhall Zafera have set on fire and people are still buying those.

I very much doubt it was a mobile phone battery going bang unless she had a Note 7. Those vape things are just the same as those silly hover board things that were the craze a year or so ago. Cheap Chinese lithium batteries that go bang or catch fire because of ■■■■ poor manufacturing methods.

Lots of reasons, I have been vaping 3 years with no problem, if you mess with them and try modifying them which is a popular thing to do, then you are risking this. Some are cheaper than others in manufacturing, so yes this could happen. An expensive one is generally of high quality. I wouldn’t trust a cheap vape battery. Point is though you could caption that video clip with anything you want.

I used to and helped me stop smoking in 7 months, The button got stuck one day while I was driving and I had to throw it out the window on the M54 as it was becoming extremely hot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought the Idea of starting to vape was to help quit the ■■■■ and eventually the vape too, as in a year max to ween yourself off the nicotine :confused: how people vape for years on end I have no idea. My brothers the same, been vaping 4+years.

you get what you pay for buy from a reputable shop as opposed to flee bat use the proper chargers i have been vaping for 5 years no issues my battery charger wasent cheep but it turns itself off when battery are charged so they dont fry

maga:
I used to and helped me stop smoking in 7 months, The button got stuck one day while I was driving and I had to throw it out the window on the M54 as it was becoming extremely hot :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought the Idea of starting to vape was to help quit the ■■■■ and eventually the vape too, as in a year max to ween yourself off the nicotine :confused: how people vape for years on end I have no idea. My brothers the same, been vaping 4+years.

It gets you off the cigs but its the nicotine that is addictive, the vape still gives you this. I am addicted to the vape so it is difficult to stop. Pain in the arse.

i have no intention of stoping i enjoy it i make my own liquid i went from 2 ounce tobaco every 4 days and i feel 100 % better for it no coughing in the morning

bjd:
i have no intention of stoping i enjoy it i make my own liquid i went from 2 ounce tobaco every 4 days and i feel 100 % better for it no coughing in the morning

Same here, although I buy my juices. Also it is better to vape than to smoke. They know Smoking will kill you , a vape is a lot safer.

UKtramp:

bjd:

Same here, although I buy my juices. Also it is better to vape than to smoke. They know Smoking will kill you , a vape is a lot safer.

As far as I’m aware there is currently no scientific research results to back that statement up. I personally have no doubt that when they get round to it they will find vaping presents it’s own health risks.

TiredAndEmotional:

UKtramp:

bjd:

As far as I’m aware there is currently no scientific research results to back that statement up. I personally have no doubt that when they get round to it they will find vaping presents it’s own health risks.

This…I vape, i’m under no illusions that it is very likely to be bad for me, maybe not as bad as smoking but who knows! All i know is i don’t cough any more or get breathless and I no longer stink of stale tobacco, now I stink of strawberry short cake or maybe blubbery muffins :smiley:

No.

TiredAndEmotional:

UKtramp:

bjd:

I’ll tell you something shocking, oxygen is bad for you too! Breathe it for long enough and I’ll guarantee you’ll die… :laughing:

Reef:
I’ll tell you something shocking, oxygen is bad for you too! Breathe it for long enough and I’ll guarantee you’ll die… :laughing:

I thought it was the shortage of oxygen that killed you in the end…! :slight_smile:

Nope it’s breathing that’ll kill you, not breathing is a side effect of being dead. :smiley:

I started smoking at about 13 years old, by the time I reached 55 I was on 50 to 60 a day then about 8 years ago I just stopped dead, on the spot, I don’t know how I did it but I just sat at home smoking, put one out in the ash tray and never touched one since. I don’t blame anyone for smoking, my wife still does but I think vaping is a stupid and utterly ridiculous thing, if you want to stop smoking then do so but inhaling other sh*t is even worse :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
I think vaping is a stupid and utterly ridiculous thing, if you want to stop smoking then do so but inhaling other sh*t is even worse :laughing:

Well, not quite. Nicotine is the addictive substance in cigarettes, but it’s the tar, carbon monoxide and other toxins which cause all of the health problems with smoking, because it’s far riskier to obtain nicotine by burning plant material than it is to obtain it by suspending it in vegetable matter, vapourising it and inhaling it. The UK Government consider vaping to be 95% safer than smoking tobacco. gov.uk/government/news/e-ci … ark-review

Additionally, vaping is far cheaper than cigarettes- a £10 a day cigarette habit can be replaced with about £1’s worth of e liquid. I do agree that nothing at all is the healthiest and cheapest option though.

Also no ash in the cab to brush out at the end of every shift and no need to spray air freshener around either, unless you’ve got dodgy guts :slight_smile:

Reef:
Nope it’s breathing that’ll kill you, not breathing is a side effect of being dead. :smiley:

No. It’s a common misconception, just like the misnomer that falling out of a plane, or from a high building, will kill you. It’s not the falling, it’s the landing that kills you.

What about this ‘popcorn lung’ thing I’ve heard about, from vaping?
Also, I wonder about getting into a cab where someone had been vaping for hours on end. I’d it safe?
We really doubt know much about it yet. It’s Bern around for than a decade; smoking was introduced over 600 years ago - Doctors were still endorsing certain brands in the seventies!