Do you use steps or ladders?

I noticed Swains wagons seem to have a set steps mounted on the back of the cab, assuming because they do a lot of flats it is a health and safety thing. Am thinking of buying my own steps, I cant bend my left knee (or should say it is restricted) and it makes climbing on to a trailer bloody hard work. It is even hard work getting in to the passenger seat of a car. Anyone by chance bought there own ladders or steps? Mine would have to be fairly lightweight as I am in and out of different units everyday.
I now this is a long shot but thought I would ask.

Would it not be worth having a word with your boss / HR / union (if in one) ? Providing such for someone with restricted movement is just exactly the sort of “reasonable adjustment” employers are supposed to make for disabilities. It shouldn’t need to be done at your own expense.

Am agency mate, think it would fall on deaf ears at the agency. Thanks for the input anyway.

They do telescopic ladders , light weight and easy to move around.
pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … 1355550559

tommie1shunt:
I noticed Swains wagons seem to have a set steps mounted on the back of the cab, assuming because they do a lot of flats it is a health and safety thing. Am thinking of buying my own steps, I cant bend my left knee (or should say it is restricted) and it makes climbing on to a trailer bloody hard work. It is even hard work getting in to the passenger seat of a car. Anyone by chance bought there own ladders or steps? Mine would have to be fairly lightweight as I am in and out of different units everyday.
I now this is a long shot but thought I would ask.

I think you will find they are used when they have to strip or rebuild a Tilt trailer after or before they are loaded

I’ve got a step ladder. I never knew my real ladder! :smiley:

We had an o/d at ours for years. He was ‘portly’ :wink: and always had a step ladder with him, he only had a Volkswagen LT :open_mouth:
I think he ran over them a few times…and left them behind!

tommie1shunt:
I cant bend my left knee (or should say it is restricted) and it makes climbing on to a trailer bloody hard work.

tommie1shunt:
Am agency mate, think it would fall on deaf ears at the agency. Thanks for the input anyway.

So the urban myth about the limp are true.

So you’re an agency man who is going carry round a set of ladders on a daily basis? Nothing weird in that at all :laughing:

merc0447:
So you’re an agency man who is going carry round a set of ladders on a daily basis? Nothing weird in that at all :laughing:

Lol
Lunch - check
Map-check
Hi viz-check
Ladder-check

:slight_smile:

I’ve always thought that when jumping up and down from the back of wagons , why is there no steps etc instead of using the rear wheels or side guards to get up & and a para jump to get back down.

merc0447:

Going with the kit he needs for the job. If i didn’t do that, I would have had a major problem instead of a minor problem on Friday with a damaged electrical socket on the trailer. That little multi-tool thing has its uses :wink: