Do you take it out ior leave it in?

I’ve only used my digi tacho on day runs so have had to eject it at the end of the shift, but i was taking to a driver who was out all week yesterday and he leaves his in their all week and prints off when required.
What do you do :question:

Its company policy at Stobarts that trampers have to put their card at the beginning of the week and leave it in till the end of the week,so all breaks and rest periods are recorded on the card.

So mine gets left in,unless i have to change vehicles of course.

Who is responsible if the card ‘disappears’ :question: :question:

There is no ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ answer to this question. If people want to eject their card at the end of the day, not a problem. If they want to leave the card in, remember two things;
-enter start and end duty locations
-select the rest mode at the end of the day

If you run into Europe you will find enforcement authorities want the card left in, just like they want charts left in analogue tachos to show the overnight rest period.

Rog said;

Who is responsible if the card ‘disappears’

Not really sure I understand the statement. Why should the card disappear if it is left in the tacho all night? The only way to eject the card is to have the ignition switched on. Personally I never slept in a vehicle with the keys in the ignition, they were always hidden away.

i was going to leave mine in all week for ease, but can’t as once i’ve parked the wagon up at night, the loaders will move it around the warehouse to fit the other wagons in once loaded.

I always have driving without card showing on the tacho display in the morning before i put my card in.

As a side note, do you have to have 28 days worth of print outs with you at all times. My boss says i dont and keeps forgetting to get spare tacho roles. no one else in the company does printouts either and no ones said anything. Are we just lucky we’ve not been stopped?

jybson:
i was going to leave mine in all week for ease, but can’t as once i’ve parked the wagon up at night, the loaders will move it around the warehouse to fit the other wagons in once loaded.

I only take mine out if someone else will drive it but we keep the keys. If the truck is going for a service or inspection, we get a call from MAN or the planner beforehand.

I always have driving without card showing on the tacho display in the morning before i put my card in.

As a side note, do you have to have 28 days worth of print outs with you at all times. My boss says i dont and keeps forgetting to get spare tacho roles. no one else in the company does printouts either and no ones said anything. Are we just lucky we’ve not been stopped?

You dont need to do a print out every day, you dont need to carry 28 days printouts. the information is on the card

jybson:

as wheel nut says you dont need to carry printouts but you do need to carry spare rolls so the powers that be can print it out if/when they stop you. it might be worth buying some tacho rolls and just keeping them in your bag, just in case. it is about 9 quid for a box of 3 but saves a lot of hassle if your boss wont/forgets to buy them and you get a pull!