Do you possess a "Can do attitude"? Wt actual f?

I think I do :exclamation:

No. I’m a truck driver,

Is can do attitude, code for work like [zb] for no extra, while putting your health and well being at risk.

biggriffin:
No. I’m a truck driver,

Is can do attitude, code for work like [zb] for no extra, while putting your health and well being at risk.

:smiley: Totally. Just looking at jobs and it’s all I see!
Must possess a " I can hand ball 10 tonnes in 5 minutes attitude (for £8.00ph)

woofgang:
I think I do :exclamation:

Come and work at our place…we’ll soon sort that little problem out (bring stab vest) :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

just the nice way of saying snowflakes, idiots and those who need hand holding or spoonfeeding need not apply.

The last time I applied for a job and “a can do attitude” was mentioned it meant work twice as hard for no extra money paid 27% no basic,no waiting money at elevators,breakdowns unpaid., no pay for washing truck at weekend ,no extra for bank holidays ohhh and keep the truck polished up as you were expected to leave on a Sunday and take it to a show and shine on your own time,not forgetting its an old school pete and the shiney chrome lookalike trailer has disc brakes for your safety. Seems I don’t have a can do attitude according to that company boss :angry: :angry: :smiley:

woofgang:

biggriffin:
No. I’m a truck driver,

Is can do attitude, code for work like foook for no extra, while putting your health and well being at risk.

:smiley: Totally. Just looking at jobs and it’s all I see!
Must possess a " I can hand ball 10 tonnes in 5 minutes attitude (for £8.00ph)

Come to our place and its driver and fitter all in one, general stuff like bulbs/wheel changes, trailer ‘adjustments’ to fu[zb]ed tilts ect. Last 60 eur bonus wheel change put me in hospital though :stuck_out_tongue:
As for handball, anything from 4t to 12t of agg in 25kg bags is normal at some of our garden centre tips…albeit with help from staff though…

beefy4605:
just the nice way of saying snowflakes, idiots and those who need hand holding or spoonfeeding need not apply.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
sums it up nicely…
stobarts,tesco and kfc applicants need not apply.
apart from that,just get on with it and dont be a beancounter.

JIMBO47:
The last time I applied for a job and “a can do attitude” was mentioned it meant work twice as hard for no extra money paid 27% no basic,no waiting money at elevators,breakdowns unpaid., no pay for washing truck at weekend ,no extra for bank holidays ohhh and keep the truck polished up as you were expected to leave on a Sunday and take it to a show and shine on your own time,not forgetting its an old school pete and the shiney chrome lookalike trailer has disc brakes for your safety. Seems I don’t have a can do attitude according to that company boss :angry: :angry: :smiley:

Mark Brandt ? Not an issue with the "can do attitude " , can’t imagine sitting in the boonies with a blown air bag or a couple of bulbs waiting for a call out service somehow . Get the job done :sunglasses:

flat to the mat:
Mark Brandt ? Not an issue with the "can do attitude " , can’t imagine sitting in the boonies with a blown air bag or a couple of bulbs waiting for a call out service somehow . Get the job done :sunglasses:

^^^^^^^^^
If employers invested in basic training for drivers to carry out basic repairs, much time and money could be saved waiting for fitters to come out and do simple jobs like bulbs and wheel changing ect It would need the above attitude for it to work though :sunglasses:

:bulb: Had consumed a couple of beverages prior to posting! Just annoys me all this can do attitude business.

I’m currently driving with a tarmac gang and I’ve never had to have such a “can do attitude”!

I break road. Handball road onto wagon. Tip road off. Pick up new road. Lay new road. Repeat.
W

woofgang:
:idea: Had consumed a couple of beverages prior to posting! Just annoys me all this can do attitude business.

I’m currently driving with a tarmac gang and I’ve never had to have such a “can do attitude”!

I break road. Handball road onto wagon. Tip road off. Pick up new road. Lay new road. Repeat.
W

You’ve probably got this legendary ‘can do attitude’, you just haven’t swallowed the New Model Business Dictionary of Verbiage!

albion:

woofgang:
:idea: Had consumed a couple of beverages prior to posting! Just annoys me all this can do attitude business.

W

You’ve probably got this legendary ‘can do attitude’, you just haven’t swallowed the New Model Business Dictionary of Verbiage!

:smiley:

FTTM and Andrew G … No not Mark B but an outfit out o Carman area …can do attitude is ok when they appreciate it and pay the rate but a flat 27% might have been 24% inc the 4% holiday pay
was an insult for everything (didn’t like it when I asked how do I know its 24% ■■ ). …done more o my share o tires on btrains and rotten air bags, strap up axles after wheels came off after bearing failed at the side o roads get her back to the yard(save the boss a tow charge) but then it was appreciated and I was well rewarded for my efforts.

‘Can Do’ employers attract Can Do employees…

I’m not aware of any employers in this industry that would describe themselves as having a Can Do attitude towards their drivers…

In most jobs, a “can do” attitude is a requirement. This carries more responsibilities and basically is an accepted terminology and sorts out those who can actually do the job above those that cannot. It is a good thing in most jobs, drivers see it as a negative and a way of being shafted. It hasn’t got this ideology in other industry’s. Perhaps drivers are interpreting it wrong. :bulb:

A can do attitude is nothing without a will do attitude to back it up

If any of you had a can do attitude then surely you would have applied your attitude to a more affluent source of employment?

Just saying…

chester:
If any of you had a can do attitude then surely you would have applied your attitude to a more affluent source of employment?

Just saying…

So, people with a “Can Do” attitude will always go for an “affluent source of employment”?
Is that why we have crap Nurses? They cant have "Can Do" attitudes or theyd be in better paid work.
Thank **** some people think of something apart than money.
“Can Do Attitude” is not another way of saying “Money Grabbing”.

chester:

Just saying…

You don’t have it then?