Do you like what you do or not?

yes i enjoy the job, only problem is having to stop at the customers :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
yes i enjoy the job, only problem is having to stop at the customers :laughing: :laughing:

HaHa that would be great Kitkat just go drive this truck all week stop when you want and dont do any deliveries, dream job eh?.

Thats the one that could get me straight back in to the job.

I also love my job for pretty much all the reasons described, eg being out and about, not seeing same four walls not always having a boss breathing down your neck…

but I haven’t driven a wagon for over a year! :laughing:

I keep trying other jobs and end up back driving a truck. Used to have a really good number on tilts great boss, being that he ignored his tilt drivers because he was to busy with his general haulage trucks to bother us. I left to try somthing new but this hasn’t worked out so I’m now on agency, but altough the money is better I don’t enjoy it. Can’t go back as I have moved and my previous boss has given up doing tilts. So looking for a good job with plenty of independence. The agency will do until I find something more to my liking.

i enjoy my job driving was in the catering bus for nearly 25 yes alhougt=h quite liked it face did not fit with boss not enough hrs so came into transport by default but wouldn’t change a thing now

until i had the end of my thumb sewn back on and my boss said i will get ssp…

see safety forum for full details…info appreciated…thanks

i work in the oil buisness 3yrs know and i loathe it looking for a driving job in spain at the moment and i cant wait different day different challenge bring it on

I’ve discovered that I like what I’m doing (driving not the job I’m doing) too much to go indoors for a better wage. I’ve just been offered a new job stocking the minibar on 747’s when they land at an airport. The money’s better and so’s the holidays. I’ve turned it down. Why? Because I like driving the artic. I like the freedom I get at the moment to do things how I want. I don’t have to work with people I don’t like, I don’t want to be chased around a warehouse by a warehouse manager and without trying to sound like a prat I didn’t spend £3000 on the Class 1 licence to drive a ■■■■■■ van although as I say the money’s better than I’m getting at the mo.

I like my trade too much. At the end of the day I get a certain amount of job satisfaction from it. I think I’ll stick with driving for a while.

Yes I love this job and lifestyle, or else I would’nt do it. I f I still lived in the UK i would one of those drivers that would want to leave out on a Sunday and not come back until friday nite/sat morn at the earliest, Long distance tramping over there?..Loved it!

Brilliant :laughing: what else would i do, the best job on the world i would go mad being in an office or working inside, i have said before it is more than a job it is a way of life

I love it in summer but hate it in winter.

At the moment i’d love an inside job.

I enjoy the freedom & variety, being self employed I also enjoy the detachment from its what we pay you for employers.
I also like being able to decide when I work & when I don’t.

I do like it on the whole, even the bad days are soon forgot. I tried a factory job about 5 years back, that did me head right in!

Mal.

I used to love driving but it just doesnt do anything for me any more i feel unchallenged when i drive a truck, i have just changed jobs and taken a drop in hours and also money BUT i get to be at home EVERY night and see my kids grow up.

I done 22k sales in October and in November i done 40k i have a sense of achievement when i get the figures its not that i earn any more but i have the chance of a new career path, if that doesnt work i can always go back to driving but i dont think i would last long at it.

Although i have been tempted back in to driving but the only reason is money not enjoyment.

I’m with you Mal. Most of the time I enjoy it. The not too rare bad days are outweighed by the good ones, most of the time, I think :smiley:
If all goes well I want my class 1 by the middle of next year and I don’t think I would even be considering that if I didn’t basically enjoy the job. I love driving the 7.5 I have now but do need more money and the only way to get that is a bigger motor ! A little less stress from the TM’s would be nice but that’s life I guess.

A little less stress from the TM’s would be nice but that’s life I guess

Dont hold your breath Cat! :wink: just learn to tell them a funny story back when they tell you one!

Mal.

Tomcat:
…but do need more money and the only way to get that is a bigger motor !

Wrong!! I know van drivers who are on more money than some class 1 drivers. Don’t ever be fooled by thinking that bigger motors = bigger wallet. :unamused:

Must say I took 18 months out for medical reasons but now I’m back I don’t know how I stayed sane. The name of the game for me is HOW the hell will that fit in my trailer. Must be mad as I love tramping(the further the better).

Cheers Clint