Do you know this driver?

On the night of the 11/08/04 at approx 20.00hrs a female lawyer from Glasgow was travelling south bound on the A90, Brechin Bypass, when the metallic blue Alfa Romeo she was driving suddenly started to aquaplane causing her to lose control. The car came to a stop eventually nose first in a ditch. Two truck drivers and a van driver stopped to help. It is thought the truck drivers were travelling north bound, one was Italian, the other gave his details to the police and has been contacted by the lady. He worked for an Aberdeen haulage firm.
The lady would though very much like to contact the driver of the van as it was he who smashed the window and pulled her to safety then returned to the car to recover her medication that she required. Quite heroic and brave considering what could have happened to the car. It is thought the van was either a white VW or Sprinter and the driver was Scottish though this is not certain. He did leave an olive green fleece top and a purple / green nylon jacket at the scene.
The lady would like to hear from this mystery driver to thank him and also to help her recovery by simply just talking about the incident.
If anyone knows who the driver is or maybe you are reading this please get in touch with myself and i will forward your details in confidence of course.

Thanks

Jim

It was the Lone Ranger,

Some people don’t want a fuss, so I can understand why he went on his way.
On the other hand he may have been somewhere he shouldn’t have been :question:

What ever :exclamation: Well done that man :slight_smile:

Well done that man

Couldn’t agree more Pat.

The way I look at it is,that could have been my missus.

Ken.

Not wanting to rain on this guy’s parade, and I don’t know the exact circumstances, but…

Pulling a crash victim from their vehicle is usually a bad idea. Unless they’re in further immediate danger (e.g. the car going over a cliff, leaking petrol catching fire or being hit by close passing traffic), you should leave them there until the emergency services arrive.

Dragging them out can cause further spinal injuries.

It’s good advice Mr Fibble, but this car had gone into a ditch during heavy rain, so there may have been a risk of drowning. So maybe they were responding to the circumstances.
Well done to all of them, some people don’t really want a fuss made about them being a hero after an event like this. I’ve met a couple of blokes who won medals for bravery and they would never tell how they won them,
one used to say it was for being foolish, :laughing: which is maybe correct as he was a winchman who saved the crew of a fishing vessel which was sinking during a storm. Just going out to sea in a whirlwind helicopter is foolish enough let alone trying to hit the deck of a small boat in a storm whilst dangling on a bit of wire under a singled engined helicopter. I told him he should have been sectioned not given a medal. :laughing:

muckles:
I’ve met a couple of blokes who won medals for bravery and they would never tell how they won them…

For some unknown reason they don’t. Did anyone see that program about Victoria Cross winners? There’s one bloke who won it in Korea (can’t remember how he won it) who said that it was the worse thing he did (winning the VC) because it changed his life overnight. He doesn’t talk about it because he was only doing his job. He said he was sick of people “admiring” him for his actions and went on to say that if anybody else was in a similar situation they would’ve done the same - he couldn’t see what all the fuss was about!

There was another bloke who won it twice in the First World War, and he’s still alive, he’s now 103!!!

muckles:
It’s good advice Mr Fibble, but this car had gone into a ditch during heavy rain, so there may have been a risk of drowning.

Sure; like I said, I don’t know the circumstances, and it’s quite possible that these guys did the right thing.

I just want to make sure that if anyone here ends up in a similar situation, that they don’t make the situation worse.