Do you know about the 6hr rule?

Now I’m really confused…

I have in my possession a booklet titled “Quarry products industry drivers guidance notes” & in the frequently asked questions section is this Q… Can a legal break within EU drivers hours regulations be recorded as POA? A… Yes!!!

I have already posted a question here trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11939 which is similar.

I’ve lost the will to live :slight_smile:

Davey Driver:
Remember the OFFICIAL use of POA’s is for unknown delays, thats where you turn up and are then informed about a delay, if you regularly visit a site and always have a 10 min wait, that cannot legally be classed as POA however, if you arrived and was told the delay was 20 mins for example, then you can class 10 mins as POA if the normal delay is only 10 mins.

Sorry Davey, but you’ve got this one wrong on several counts…

• A POA is officially a known delay.
  • If you visit a site and always have a 10 minute wait then you know about it, therefore can count it as a POA.
  • If you arrived and were told the delay was 20 minutes then all 20 minutes can count as POA because you know about it.

As for the whole POA/break thing, it goes like this…If a POA fulfills all the criteria needed to be classed as a break (you can trot off and get a coffee/ read a book etc.), then you may count it as such so long as you put the tacho on rest
Since you theoretically have to know how long the time will be for it to be a POA, it’s up to you which mode you record it under. Neither counts towards Working Time, so it makes no difference in that respect. :wink:

Bear in mind also that if the POA/break ends up being shorter than you were told then, well, it is. Still doesn’t count as Working Time. :grimacing:

Like i said in another post what hope have we got?, when there are so many people with different views and opinions on the subject… :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I’m not saying anyone is right or wrong there are just far too many interpretations of this law.

im hard pressed to do more than 2 hrs without some sort of break even if its just getting a cup of coffee. :wink:

i only found this rule out a couple of weeks ago, when my tm had gone thru my tacos and pointed it out to me :laughing:

margatemafia:
i only found this rule out a couple of weeks ago, when my tm had gone thru my tacos and pointed it out to me :laughing:

You should have read this thread, that Lucy spent ages typing then Margate. It’s been up for ages, since about the end of September I think, maybe even earlier.
That bits in chunk three by the way. Nobody who is a regular on TruckNet UK has got an excuse NOT to know about or understand the rules. (Not between ourselves anyway. What you tell the ministry man/TM/whoever is entirely up to you :open_mouth: :laughing: ).

Like I said, stick to the French rules :stuck_out_tongue:

2 hours for dinner, 30 minute coffee breaks every 3 hours, :stuck_out_tongue: