Do you have a 'no smoking' sticker in your wagon?

I recently read an article about some fella driving his little van (Business van) and got done for not displaying a no smoking sticker in his vehicle even though he doesn’t smoke. Truck I drove the other day had no sticker in it as I looked for one. If it’s a truck and not your personal property, could it be the truck company that gets done, or you as the driver?

A plum on here actually admitted to defecting a vehicle for a lack of no smoking sign :unamused:

It’s not your problem, it’s the company’s.

Don’t think its the drivers problem,
but an example of another petty little rule that our various governments like to inflict on us.

F-reds:
A plum on here actually admitted to defecting a vehicle for a lack of no smoking sign :unamused:

It’s not your problem, it’s the company’s.

In this article, there’s a bit about a van driver caught driving a company vehicle without a no smoking sticker and he got done for it. So if it’s going to cost me money if I get a pull, then I’d be defecting the vehicle too.

commercialmotor.com/news/no- … s-and-vans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s “legislation” that you are not allowed to smoke in public places, places of work, works vehicles if they are shared. Legislation, LAW, why would you need a sign ? Same law over here, but there are no signs to tell you that you can’t smoke :unamused: :unamused:

andy_s:
got done for not displaying a no smoking sticker in his vehicle

Was he ‘told off’ or fined?

dri-diddly-iver:

andy_s:

This is the one I’m on about… metro.co.uk/2016/11/28/driver-fi … n-6287540/ … I see he is the business owner so hence I wondered if it is the actual owner or driver on behalf of company who is going to have to pay.

When I had my own truck, I had this.

dri-diddly-iver:

andy_s:

Non-smoking van driver Freddie Beasley was ordered to pay £200 for failing to display a no smoking sign in his cab following a joint operation between Haringey Council and the police. The fine is four times more than if he had been actually smoking.

On the day Beasley was stopped, Haringey Council, police and bailiffs had joined forces in Operation Stop It, aimed at unlicensed waste carriers, fly tippers and other perpetrators of environmental crime. The council denies the fine was over zealous. “We just comply with the law,” says a council spokeswoman.

“And we really enjoy it.” the sad little Jobsworth went onto say. :smiley:

“It’s there to protect employees who don’t
want to be in a smoking environment.”

Because a little sticker magically stops people lighting up a cigarette. :unamused:

No sticker because I dont smoke and rarely does anyone else drive it,except for the two casual holiday relief drivers we use, and they dont smoke either.

I’ve translated this to the truth.

On the day Beasley was stopped, Haringey Council, police and bailiffs had joined forces in Operation Stop It, aimed at unlicensed waste carriers, fly tippers and other perpetrators of environmental crime. The council denies the fine was over zealous. “We had spent an awful lot of time and money organising this Operation, even thinking up a special little name for it, after it turned out there weren’t nearly as many cowboys and crims, as we’d imagined things got a bit embarrassing so we nicked this poor bloke, going about his honest day’s work to save face and hope no-one higher up the food chain notices we don’t really have much of a job to do most of the time” says a council spokeswoman.

If you were an 80 ■■■ a day man would a stupid little sticker stop you from smoking ?

Of course it would without a doubt !!!

Pal of mine works on a steam railway at weekends as a fireman and tells me he and his driver are not allowed to smoke on the footplate.

My old work van had a no smoking sign in it, I came after a week off to find 2 ■■■ burns in it…

philgor:
My old work van had a no smoking sign in it, I came after a week off to find 2 ■■■ burns in it…

That is true irony! :smiley:

kickstarter:
Pal of mine works on a steam railway at weekends as a fireman and tells me he and his driver are not allowed to smoke on the footplate.

Best thing to do with the little jobsworth if he turns up then is to shove him in the firebox.

Few years ago I worked for an Irish shipowner who told me he was banning all smoking on his ships, he didn’t like it when I told him ships and prisons were exempt, but I was unsure which one his boat came under … I never did a lot of work for him since then …

raymundo:
Few years ago I worked for an Irish shipowner who told me he was banning all smoking on his ships, he didn’t like it when I told him ships and prisons were exempt, but I was unsure which one his boat came under … I never did a lot of work for him since then …

Actually, you are wrong. Prisons are not exempt, a prisoner can smoke in his cell, however he’s not permitted to smoke on a landing as it is a place of work for a prison Officer. There are actually wings that are now non smoking. Prisoners can be written up for smoking in Landings etc. a prisoner is also required to put a cigarette out when an officer does an area fabric check on a cell.

So please show me in law where a prison is exempt.

discoman:

raymundo:

Actually, you are wrong. Prisons are not exempt, a prisoner can smoke in his cell, however he’s not permitted to smoke on a landing as it is a place of work for a prison Officer. There are actually wings that are now non smoking. Prisoners can be written up for smoking in Landings etc. a prisoner is also required to put a cigarette out when an officer does an area fabric check on a cell.

So please show me in law where a prison is exempt.

If I was sharing a cell literally locked in with a smoker, with no ventilation, …as a non smoker I could not think of anything worse.

On second thoughts, what I have heard about some other activities in the nick involving soap and showers, maybe I can. :smiley:
And to get back on thread, I have 2, an official co. one, and one I wrote out, very politely reminding anybody who uses ‘‘my’’ truck, that I live in it and to respect that fact,… with potential consequences if left looking, and stinking, like a ■■■■ hole.

Cue the…Well that would make me…etc etc,
Yeh, I expect that from pig ignorant ■■■■ whits, that is why I leave a note. :bulb:

We have no smoking stickers in our wagons.

Night men can’t read though.