Do you feel alive?

What do you do?..

Are you one of those who does 72hrs per week for an ok wage then watches tv on his/her rest period?

Or do you fulfill you weekends doing great and wonderful things?

Plenty of Drivers will spend their weekends in contact centers seeing their kids!

How do you spend yours■■?

Get drunk and see my mates? Then the rest of the time watch movies, play the xbox, that kind of stuff.

Suppose it depends on what’s going on in a given week, if my days off fall on weekdays I tend to do more of the movies/xbox and less of the seeing mates. If there is a band on we want to go and see, may see them, perhaps just go out for a meal at the local Harvester/Beefeater or wherever.

Then again, I’m 24, live at home and don’t have a lady friend or kids so I have more disposable income than most I guess. Not enough to be able to go to Download though sadly, always next year though.

After shopping, running the kids to various destinations,tidying up after them (and wife) I try to get out on my mountain and motorbike, then it’s back to work for a rest

Finish Friday mornings, sleep a couple of hours and ■■■■ about round the house. Have grandaughter on a saturday, couple of beers and sat in front of pc saturday night. up early sunday, out with dogs, then back to bed dinnertime ready for work again sunday night.
no time for anything thru the week, its all work eat sleep.
pretty mundane life.
a nice 9-5 life seems appealing sometimes. would have time for a social life then.

Work mon-fri 6-6 1 week then 7-7 the next , once I get home take my gf to sort her horse out get in have summit to eat and fall asleep lol then on weekends basically just watch telly and be the taxi ■■■■ life for a 22yr old but what can ya do …

I work mon-fri 6am till the deliveries are off and work every second saturday cos im saving like a motherfooker for a deposit. Do on avergae 55 hours a week.

Weekdays i mostly stay in except Tuesday (5asides) and Thursday (curry night).

Weekends i binge drink, try to fire into dirties, go to the football, pub, watch tele, go on dates had one last night but no joy lads :cry:

I dont know if thats alive or not.

Staying alive
RIP Robin Gibb

Work four on four off, when I’m off I visit friends get jobs done, go out for the day somewhere, spend time with the family. First baby due in September so yeah I feel pretty alive.

Depending on the weather and tide, to relax I sail my yacht. I try to use it once a week in the summer months due to the cost of keeping it in insurance and maintenance. If the wife or my sons are n’t available seem to have no problem finding young fit winch monkeys for the day.
The offer of free food and beer or wine do’es the trick.

I have a few hobbies that keep me busy throughout the year;

1/ Adrenalin rush’

this was in 2007.

I have this now’

During the season I coach rugby @ Preston Grasshoppers, this is my sons team after wining the Barclays Lancashire cup last year. (they won it again this season :sunglasses: )

Then there’s the ongoing F16 project, not so much a 'restoration, more a tidy up & re-spray;

Other than those, I don’t do too much really :wink:

Ross.

Work fiendlishly long hours under constant pressure and phone calls (“where are you” “where are you” “collect this” “do this” “leave that drop out” etc…) usually crack of dawn and have to use public transport as cant afford to run a car anymore.

By the time I actually get back home after a shift all I have time or energy left to do is eat and sleep, then need to be up to get the early bus next morning all over again for the 75min journey and walk in to work.

Life is absolutely miserable, but bills not being paid would make it even worse I guess :frowning:
I’m just thankful I have a job. There are a lot of drivers out of work (including myself for a long time 'til I found this job), so I try to count what few blessings I may have and grin & bear it (for now)

I work day and night, 8 on 6 off officially, but usually 9 on 5 off.
I get totally burnt out through the week and lately spend most of my time cabbaging in front of the TV.
Some days off I never leave the house, which is bad. I’ve put on a lot of weight and I’m no longer fit. I can’t sleep properly on a night, takes me hours to get to sleep.
I’ve got project cars which are sitting in a lock-up, nearly abandoned, used to climb, canoe, run, mountain bike, gym every other day, but lately it’s never at all.
Stopped going to the pub, mates have stopped asking me to go as the answer has become no all to often.

I’m aware of the problem, but can’t find a good solution to it. I love the job but it’s killing me.
I can force myself to go the the gym on my days off but find that just makes the next week at work even harder.
I just can’t be arsed doing anything at all on my days off. I’ve never been like this before, ever, always been active.
The wife is getting ■■■■■■ offf that we never do anything together anymore, I’m always wanting to stay in.

I’m seriously considering jacking it in and finding something else. But I know for a fact that I’ll get bored with any other job and the money won’t be as good.

Dilemma. Health and hapiness or job I enjoy and good money ?

Do whatever. I fancy sod letting a job rule my life.
Don’t go to far during the week but make sure I do something at weekends usually have a couple of beers Friday night down the local. Saturday cinema or coast if it’s nice day in central London . Sumday usually meet with family or friends etc.

chester:
What do you do?..

Are you one of those who does 72hrs per week for an ok wage then watches tv on his/her rest period?

Or do you fulfill you weekends doing great and wonderful things?

Plenty of Drivers will spend their weekends in contact centers seeing their kids!

How do you spend yours■■?

I get the feeling you are missing out out on something. Peace to you if you are.

i like fishing…only had sunday off this week,but still managed a kwik 24 down on my local club water.back to work at 1800 :cry:

I work like a madman for 3 to 4 months, nights, weekends whatever I can get.
Then I jump on a plane and have a month in Thailand and travel down to
Malaysia where I stay for about a year.

Because I dont have to do the job full time I really enjoy it.
:sunglasses: :smiley:

Hillwalking and geocaching do it for me, camping when get a bit longer off.
I love cooking as well, once a month a group of us have a sort of “come dine with me” taking it in turns at each others house, usually end up bladdered!
I like to get to the pub round the corner once on the weekend for an hour or 2 (would like more but not really fair on mrs and kids as not seen them all week).
Our 2 year old keeps us both occupied most of the time.
Evenings on the weekend we quite often spend an hour or 2 in the hot tub :grimacing:

Oatcake 1967
When you say you don’t work fulltime is it agency work you put your time in

From August till May I play Rugby every saturday then Sundays I ref a Rugby match somewhere…From May till August spend alot of time in the garden cutting grass…as i live on a farm…

oatcake1967:
Then I jump on a plane and have a month in Thailand

What is it like getting your leg over with a ladyboy ? :wink: