Do you ever think your jinxed

I was going so well , got to gerber 13.00 , thought loaded by 14.00 , can do 3 hrs up road this afternoon and only 1/2 to tipping place in morn , at 16.30 I pulled out solo( not even started loading ) ,have to go back in morn and get tri then 3 1/2 hrs behind to tipping place .
it just starts going down hill after wed every ■■■■■■■ week , you’d think I’d run over a bloody black cat

Gonna miss out on that steak again?

Assuming this is remotely genuine then you need to remind the planner to re plan, their whole job!

My work for tomorrow night is on the tablet and looks a lot. Not unachievable but won’t have time for many delays. Assuming it doesn’t change (it often does through the day) I will call them when I book on to warn them I am concerned about how much there is to do and that I may not have time for the last collection. Then if I have to ring them after the delivery saying I don’t have time for it they were warned and its their problem

Ever think your planner might be knocking off your missus…

kcrussell25:
Assuming this is remotely genuine then you need to remind the planner to re plan, their whole job!

My work for tomorrow night is on the tablet and looks a lot. Not unachievable but won’t have time for many delays. Assuming it doesn’t change (it often does through the day) I will call them when I book on to warn them I am concerned about how much there is to do and that I may not have time for the last collection. Then if I have to ring them after the delivery saying I don’t have time for it they were warned and its their problem

Exactly what I did when I was working. More than once they had the proverbial egg on their faces at different places I’d worked.

Dozy probably thinks he’s the only driver in the world where things go south. Well in his world he is.

Dozy it’s haulage, every minute things go wrong, just keep updating and annoying your planner to remind him it’s Friday.

Things could change tonight while you sleep i.e somebody else takes that trailer etc.

Otherwise change jobs:

KIME looking for Class 1 Night Trunk Drivers.

Or go work for a Tipper company.

At least you will find out if you’re jinxed i.e. having unplanned Night Outs while Trunking etc.

Otherwise change jobs:

At least you will find out if you’re jinxed i.e. having unplanned Night Outs while Trunking etc.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
local work only and no probs for your friday night steak…
google.co.uk/search?q=jobs+ … tivrt=jobs

Tipperdipper1:
Dozy probably thinks he’s the only driver in the world where things go south. Well in his world he is.

Dozy it’s haulage, every minute things go wrong, just keep updating and annoying your planner to remind him it’s Friday.

Things could change tonight while you sleep i.e somebody else takes that trailer etc.

Otherwise change jobs:

Most moaning people never want change nothing in own life.

Welcome to Dozy’s calamitous Friday !!!

It’ll only take me 2.5hrs to run in to the yard this morning from Penrith

You should do a youtube channel ,Call it B.S @ ES Fridays .
Fiction .

dozy:
you’d think I’d run over a bloody black cat

There are two opposing versions one being that its unlucky if a black cat crosses your path.So far my luck tells me that version is the correct one and that it’s actually probably best to run the zb’s over. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Andrejs:

Tipperdipper1:

Otherwise change jobs:

Most moaning people never want change nothing in own life.

Absolutely correct, any one be it driver or warehouse staff tell me there looking for another job, they’ve had enough etc. Guaranteed their be still around in 12 months time.

I don’t Moan when I hate my job, I just quit

Not getting home through bad luck is one thing, not getting home through bad planning is another.

Next time you get stranded, only work your core hours the following week. They will soon decide that it’s not worth squeezing in that one extra load on a Friday.

knew a guy his nickname was Jinxie . last time i saw him he was in a brand new Vw van selling fish door to door .He knocked on my door ,had dribble on his beard , nice van you got Jinxie
,yeh its brand new…i gotta tell the boss ive snapped the handbrake clean off the floor ,must be faulty welds .

from a different perspective.
my mate was the complete opposite.
heads out on a sat night,finds a £20 note in the gutter.
wins the raffle in the pub which includes 2 tickets to the night club,goes in the door and as he is the 1000000 customer,he gets upgraded to the vip lounge,picks up a indian bird,and she takes him home for a session of extremely energetic carnal passion.
he gets up in the morning and his breakfast is on the table waiting for him,and if thats not lucky enough,he scratches off the dot on her forehead and wins a ford fiesta… :open_mouth: