Do you drive or like to see classic cars on the road?

Do you either own, drive or enjoy the sight of classic cars on our roads? If so, you may want to have a look at the link below and sign the petition that it points to.

As the owner and regular user of a 40-plus year old vehicle myself, I’ve set the ball rolling…Please sign and help save Bertha the Barge! (She’s a 1967 LWB Series 2a Landrover with nearly all original parts - very unusual for a vehicle of her age so she’s worth saving even though she’s by no means a “minter”)

CLICKY

SIGNED… !!

I get to keep some of my babies going for a bit longer at least…

Any help I can offer, just let me know…

nice motors paul.which db is that aint that the one from the bond films please correct me if im wrong

It’s a completely pointless petition as it will never happen. :unamused: You’re all worrying over owt.

Restored DB5… The same model as the films, but not one of the original cars… Those cars were damaged and rebuilt to the point of distruction… Not worth the money that has been asked for them.

If you find a nice low mileage DB then its a god send…

Just a couple of pics to show the level of restoration…

Why have they got tax discs on them? Surely they would be exempt?

Tax exempt still show a disc, just has as the amount of duty paid as £0.0

Mine still works for its living, occasionally.

At 12 to the gallon it doesn’t do many miles these days, but still cheaper than hiring a skip!

Pointless petition or not, I’ll still sign it. The government needs constant reminders of what their electorate do in the real world.

That Aston is a stunner and the Ferrari’s ain’t bad either. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Is one a 250 and the other a 275 GTO? :confused:

As the link Lucy provided states it is actually more environmentally friendly to keep using an old motor rather than buying a new one.

In fact, the longer an old motor is on the road and well maintained, the initial environmental impact is reduced. Obviously, the ‘Greenies’ who believe in ‘Da Environment TM’ don’t want to hear that - that would require some intelligence! :smiling_imp:

As our three vehicles are 11, 18 and 58 years old I’ve signed it too as a 10 year rule would take them all off the road!

Paul

My 12 year old Honda CB 900.
0 - 60 in … Oh my god, I’m at a ton already :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

What a beautiful DB5.

It makes my 1995 Volvo seem a bit modern :stuck_out_tongue:

Apart from previously owning a couple of unreliable classic Fords with Lotus engines and using a Simca 1501 as everyday transport I love the old Aston Martin, Jensen Interceptor, Gilburn Invaders. My bosses wife had a pristine E Type which I was allowed to use.

They were a handful to drive but didnt half turn some heads.

paulduncan:
SIGNED… !!

I get to keep some of my babies going for a bit longer at least…

Any help I can offer, just let me know…

Lovely motors, are all 3 originals?

Both the Ferrari are, but the DB has been restored…

Rikki-UK:

Well I’ve learnt summat there cos I didn’t that til now !! :slight_smile:

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:

Same as fire engines and police cars

Rob K:

Rikki-UK:

It’s to make sure you still produce evidence of your MOT (where applicable) and insurance once a year, Rob.

Duly signed

and primed to breach the ban with my 12 year old Mondeo, unless they are going to buy me a new car.

SIGNED
I don’t think that this Government will go down this path, as most replacement vehicles for those displaced would almost certainly be imports (or assembled in this country from components made abroad). Just think what this would do for their balance of payments problems! :laughing:
Another category which is “Tax Exempt” is any vehicle used by someone receiving the higher rate of Disability Living Allowance. They don’t necessarily have to be the owner, or even the driver! :open_mouth:
No doubt someone will inform us of other categories.
I wish I could afford to own vehicles such as those shown on this thread, but unfortunately we have to squander any spare money we have on paying bills etc. :cry: :cry: :cry:
If I ever get six more numbers than usual on the Lottery I would love to own a Bristol 411, I love Bristols. :laughing:

I presume Paul Duncan was not always a lorry driver or that he was very careful with his expences :smiley: