do you do this

Yep I can remember being out on the road in the middle of the night with my Dad and I have taken Titch with me since he was about 4 months old and I had to stop to change his nappy!
He’s been all over Europe with me, can speak a bit of French and Spanish because of it and I firmly believe he has a better understanding of the world because of these trips in a truck!
He was also an added bonus when ever we stopped anywhere, we used to get special treatment at truckstops and tips alike, especially when he was realy little.
Now he’s almost 13 and as tall as me but it hasn’t stopped him coming away with me whenever he can and is now able to be a ‘proper’ second man!
He can also drive a car, van, truck (and trailer), forklift, has an understanding of how to load/unload goods by hand or pallet and can act responsibly in a working environment so it’s done him good and stands him in good stead for when he wants to get a job … as long as it’s not truck driving lol

Brilliant thread guys, keep em coming :smiley:

What a lovely thread :smiley:

It does kinda throw you back to the past.

My first memories of being in a truck was when I was 5yrs old and Mum and Dad were moving us from Cornwall to Milton Keynes in the mid '70’s.

Dad borrowed a flatbed artic from his firm P&P in London and moved all our furniture and belongings from Bodmin to Milton Keynes. And during the journey I remember being facinated by the lights on the dash and the sound the engine made with a slight whistle to it as it climbed the steep hills. I imagined my Dad as a pilot rescuing us and taking us all to a new life! But in realility he had to unload the whole lorry into our new home and dash back to London for work! :open_mouth:

I went to work with Dad quite a lot even Europe.

I never doubted for a minute that I’d have my class 1 one day! :stuck_out_tongue:

i as a kid travelled most school holidays with my father as my mother died when i was 5 and it was a way of giving my grandparents a rest . iremember times like at mars slough being made to feeel like a king in the security office pressing buttons and operating barriers .and at other places i would have to hide behind the drivers seat . it was a hard time for us and we got on really well together . i bet it was a pain in the arse for him at times but he never stopped doing it until well after we was living with my second mum as i call her . when he give up roaming he started doing a night trunk and friday night
he would take me and as he was now on powder tanks i became his lid lad all for the pricely sum of a fiver ! i have my class c test this morning and if i pass i am taking a 6 wheeler to southampton on friday night for a mate then from there it will be my c plus e and my kids will both get there turn for quality 1 on 1 time with me on my travels