Do You Care?

About the job you do? I was talking to one of the warehouse lads today who’s being triained as a Class 1 driver as part of an NVQ and “isn’t really bothered” aboutthe job. FFS. I know far more deserving cases than him. Unfortunatley I tend to bite the bloke’s head off every time I see him. Thing is, I can remember how difficult it was when I passed my test and I feel sorry for the bloke with the new licence. Trouble is, it’s driving me spare. Time for a quite word with his nibs, who has driven on the bricks for years and should understand,as he’s training the poor [zb] :unamused:.

As said above, the worst thing is, their are far more deserving cases than these people and they’re spending an awful lot of money, on people who can’t understand/see the good points of the job and, from my point of view won’t make good drivers, because they don’t care about the job they do. I applaud the company for training these people, and having the foresightedness to givethem a good grounding, not just “here’s the key’s mate, off you go”. But, I can’t for the life of me see the point of it. Do you care about the job you do? I DO, but I’ve got to make a living as well, but it’s a living I’m quite happy with and, once you’ve got the experience behind you, regard the job as a professional qualification in it’s own right. Rant over :wink:.

Agreed, seems a waste of a good training place for someone who would really appreciate it and make good use of it instead of the ‘I’m here because I was told to be’ syndrome.

Annoying when there are so many aspiring Driver’s out there who would be good at it but cannot get started because of the cost of training and the experience/work chicken and egg situation.

Our company employs casual dsrivers…you know the ones…who dont want to do a full time job…anyway…my boss was telling me that he took on a driver the other day…who is a retired A.A. man. Turns out that he needs to supplement his pension, and so does 2/3 days a week…well it also turns out that he has just passed his class 1…good for him i say…and he paid for it himself…
Just goes to show that there is no upper age limit if you want to be a trucker…

I mean we all know there are good points and bad points to the job, when it’s good it’s ‘good’ when it’s bad it’s ‘bad’. All jobs are like that though!

My opinion is if you hate a job so much, stop moaning or leave. Plenty of other careers out there!

It ‘really’ annoys me when you get people who dont think much of the job who get free training and stuff. :imp: