Do trucks get bigger after dark?

A little rant. I drive a fuel tanker into Cornwall Monday to Friday. When I go from liskard to Bodmin on the a38 single carriage section, why when it is dark do oncoming trucks, big or small, always want to be on my side of the road. There seems no problem during day light hours, even at the pinch points. My only thinking is they may be scared of the woods at night.

The Glynn Valley is a graveyard for offside wing mirrors, bet trago could make a killing if they set up a hut each side of that stretch selling cheap Chinese knock off replacement mirrors.

Think they do as at night some car drivers need to move into lane 3 to overtake me when I’m in lane 1, never happens in the day.

It’s what comes out of the woods …

I do Plymouth and you’ve never seen so many deer, they tend to come out at night to feed.
Going up Holdon hill northbound I’ll try and stay central it also means I can keep speed up
, last night heading south there were about 6 deer on the southbound side at the Exeter side of the hill not normally seen down there

There seems to be a dangerous reduction in width judgement and road positioning awareness among too many drivers in recent times.Arguably to the point where they really need to introduce a width judgment exercise as part of the driving test.At night you can probably add to that the essential need to keep the mirrors as clean as possible to retain good vision of the usual reference points of road edge and central dividing line against the sides of the vehicle on unlit roads.

Carryfast:
There seems to be a dangerous reduction in width judgement and road positioning awareness among too many drivers in recent times.Arguably to the point where they really need to introduce a width judgment exercise as part of the driving test.At night you can probably add to that the essential need to keep the mirrors as clean as possible to retain good vision of the usual reference points of road edge and central dividing line against the sides of the vehicle on unlit roads.

Carryfast believe it or not the examiner gets quite a good idea of how a driver can judge the width of his or her vehicle during the hour or so that they drive.