Do truckers have faith

I suspect truckers are much like any other group of workers, they have varying opinions on religion, and probably different ideology’s and faiths. I concider myself to be Cof E but I am not a great church goer. I have to think that there is a greater purpose to this life and that you do not just die. Perhaps as I get older and the enevitable death gets nearer I need to belive. This thread I fear will bring the radicals out of their boxs but that is what makes this forum second to none. Come on guys lets have your views on what ever religion you support, or your views on why you think that it is all a load of tosh. Are you trucking with a God or not??

I used to put C of E, but now i put C + E. :laughing:

limeyphil:
I used to put C of E, but now i put C + E. :laughing:

As a total ‘newbie’ with a C licence, I wanna change to that religion too!! Shame that the initial ‘collection’ is so expensive!!
:frowning:

LOL

Funny this should be brought up. I have a Bible in my cab, a St Christopher with me and almost every day I find myself thinking about the after life. It’s a bit scary but I suppose we will all find out sooner or later eh :wink:

Athiest me.

I would like to scrap all religions - maybe it would stop the excuses for many wars.

That’ll get em going…

Yeah…Brings to mind the old saying that; “There are no atheists in foxholes”.

Think most of us need a comfort blanket at some time or other… :open_mouth:

dont follow any faith, only go to church when someone’s either died or getting that ball and chain put round his ancle!!!

ROG:
I would like to scrap all religions - maybe it would stop the excuses for many wars.

fantastic idea i’d back that way of living. none of this facing north and praying malarky just get the trailer tipped!!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

As most of the indiginous population of the UK I am C of E. More and more people are of the realisation that non indiginous religions are infiltrating the UK, just look out far a wailing tower near you. As a result church attendance is on the increase, it certainly is a case of ‘use it or lose it’ as far as places of worship are concerned. I am seriously concerned about the future of religion in the UK, hopefully we will not be invaded by foreign religions, but I fear it may be too late and our identity could be lost forever.

Tiger.

Fastrantiger:
hopefully we will not be invaded by foreign religions, but I fear it may be too late and our identity could be lost forever.

I don’t think Jesus would qualify for a UK passport - isn’t Christianity a foreign religion?

ROG:
Athiest me.

That’ll get em going…

Thats’s very true and it also goes for a lot of groups around the world
i.e tribal in africa and the various political groups within a religion that cant seem to get on either.

Im C of E but am thinking of converting to Roman Catholic as until Henry VIII thats what we all pretty much were and I can put a large crucifix on the front of my motor just like the Spanish :laughing: :laughing:

Aetheist here.

me i say i’m in the church of scania :wink:

I mean this in all seriousness, I BELIEVE IN ME, I HAVE FAITH IN MYSELF. Surely thats all that matters? I have no problem with religion, but LIVE AND LET LIVE. I’ll attend church services, i listen intently to prayers and say amen at the end, i won’t insult anyones ears or intelligence by trying to sing. Thats my stand.

No doubt Jammy will be along any min to rubbish someones chosen faith :wink:

yes me to live and let live its not hard is it :smiley:

Jewish on a saturday and catholic on a sunday, can’t work on the sabbath so no weekends thanks.

I believe that its important to care for those you love and those that are close to you.

I feel its not a sin to do something that pleases me, as long as it doesn’t harm or upset anybody else.
I also think that there is nothing wrong with working hard to make more money, purely to give yourself a better quality of life.

I don’t disrespect anyone else’s religion, ■■■■■■ preference or right to live their life the way they want to.

There is a religion that states the above practices as the way its followers should live their lives. However even mentioning it normally has one labeled as a radical psychopath.

I think most of the populations problems come from lack of understanding.

I believe in live and let live.
i don’t have a problem with any religion.
islam isn’t a religion, it’s a terrorist organisation.
muslims should be interned on the isle of man until they learn to behave. and until they learn to use bog roll like normal people. and they should be force fed pork chops.

Agnostic myself and glad that we live in a secular society.

I have neighbours that are people of faith who seem to get a lot of comfort from that faith and do a lot of work for people less fortunate than they through the church they belong to as this is one of the core teachings.

Can’t stomach those self righteous idiots who have blind faith and insist on theirs being the only faith that is valid, in that bracket I would cite the Taliban who ordered the destruction of 2 giant Buddhas because their faith does not icons of their deity, and some of the extreme Christian preachers like Ian Paisley who decries the pope as a close cousin of Satan.

Chunky:

Fastrantiger:
hopefully we will not be invaded by foreign religions, but I fear it may be too late and our identity could be lost forever.

I don’t think Jesus would qualify for a UK passport - isn’t Christianity a foreign religion?

Christianity is just a modern religion from abroad trying to take over from those of us with pagan beliefs :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
until they learn to use bog roll like normal people.

As someone who’s just spent a week in the Middle East… I can tell you after a couple of days with a bad tummy, that squirty hosepipe contraption they use instead of bog roll is far more refreshing than a bit of tissue!

Cools you right down to the core it does! :wink: