DO NOT use hard shoulder

No spaces, no worries, away we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The police tweet that HGV drivers shouldn’t stop on the hard should unless it’s an emergency, and Signum Travel who appear to operate minibuses, have to ask if it also applies to PCV drivers :frowning:

If you’re operating minibuses surely you should know this :unamused:

Most drivers do know thats just the drivers scared of the infrigment that do it

Why swap a “maybe caught” infringement for a “definitely caught” park-up on the hard shoulder?

I thought it was only foreign trucks that park there for “overnighting” purposes, because plod cannot be bothered to chase them up when they don’t pay the fines…

I wonder how many foreign trucks actually pay to use the Dartford Crossing these days, what with it being “straight through” and effectively using an “honesty box” system to collect the money online? :unamused:

Seems fair game Strensham SB to overnight there :laughing:

Always amazes me how many do stop and still about as if they’re in a car park. Hard shoulders are terrifying places to me

Winseer:
I wonder how many foreign trucks actually pay to use the Dartford Crossing these days, what with it being “straight through” and effectively using an “honesty box” system to collect the money online? :unamused:

No system in place to collect from BG/LT/PL/ES? Game on…

AndrewG:

Winseer:

Unfortunately there is a system in place Andrew. Despite the fact that Winseer might like to think it’s free for “them bloody foreigners” it is in fact enforced through an extremely litigious company who will literally chase you to the ends of the earth for payment (very large payments too by the time they are involved).

the maoster:

AndrewG:

Winseer:

Unfortunately there is a system in place Andrew. Despite the fact that Winseer might like to think it’s free for “them bloody foreigners” it is in fact enforced through an extremely litigious company who will literally chase you to the ends of the earth for payment (very large payments too by the time they are involved).

Exactly. Everyone always assumes all foreign companies run round Europe running up massive unpaid fines and tolls when in reality they’re no more likely to do that as we would do when in europe. A lot of these companies are very large and very professional and the Dartford Crossing really doesn’t do that much harm to their bottom line. They’ve paid a massive amount of money in tolls and taxes before they get anywhere near the UK.

Looking at the picture, I thought it meant we had to write it on the back of the trailer, like some public awareness thing!! :laughing:

Good advice from plod, however, if it’s so dangerous why do they pull drivers onto the hardshoulder for a ‘talk’ instead of waiting for a services or junction?

Mailman:
Good advice from plod, however, if it’s so dangerous why do they pull drivers onto the hardshoulder for a ‘talk’ instead of waiting for a services or junction?

Because they have blue flashing lights making them immune to being hit !!

Maybe the HGV cops could have a word with these idiot tyre fitters that think it’s ok to park their offside wheels on the hard shoulder solid white line. I nearly took one out the other night, and couldn’t go anywhere as I had a couple of lorries overtaking me.

To be honest, much of the time Police will leave the stop until a safe opportunity (eg Services) but (a) Service Areas are relatively few and far between and (b) if the behaviour really is dangerous, they need to intervene and stop it there and then.

Sent using smoke and mirrors

ezydriver:
Maybe the HGV cops could have a word with these idiot tyre fitters that think it’s ok to park their offside wheels on the hard shoulder solid white line. I nearly took one out the other night, and couldn’t go anywhere as I had a couple of lorries overtaking me.

Probably to protect them self’s while doing an OS tyre change…

philgor:

ezydriver:

Probably to protect them self’s while doing an OS tyre change…

IMO they shouldn’t be doing an o/s tyre change without a lane closure in place. Don’t get me wrong, I’m the first one to ■■■■■ and moan about uneccessary lane closures but in a case like that the 5 minutes it potentially puts on my day pales into insignificance when weighed against a mans life.

the maoster:

AndrewG:

Winseer:

Don’t you be letting facts get in the way of a Winseer stereotypical anti foreigner rant Maoster ffs.
At the end of the day who gives a flying ■■■■ (apart from Winseer that is) if anybody does or does not pay for the Dartford ■■■■ crossing anyway. :unamused: …Jeeez H.

AndrewG:

Winseer:

+!..works the same in eire if you go through the m50 toll cameras where you have to have paid by the same night…they give the info to a uk debt chaser who sends you all the legal looking court debt guff every week for a Cpl months till it dawns on them they are flogging dead horse as a foreign country cant use a uk debt collector to chase you up on their behalf.i could wallpaper my living room with them with them if I was to keep them instead of just binning them.

dieseldog999:

AndrewG:

Winseer:

+!..works the same in eire if you go through the m50 toll cameras where you have to have paid by the same night…they give the info to a uk debt chaser who sends you all the legal looking court debt guff every week for a Cpl months till it dawns on them they are flogging dead horse as a foreign country cant use a uk debt collector to chase you up on their behalf.i could wallpaper my living room with them with them if I was to keep them instead of just binning them.

Exactly.
I imagine if ‘us’ foreigners went through without paying and said debt agency chased the individual/ company up theyre only really relying on goodwill to pay up. With Brexit looming doubt theres recourse for any kind of chasing up non payment and then it really will be game on… :grimacing:

DP