Do ineed straps 2

truckerjon:
3) use my common sense!

I chose 3. I knew that 3 hours 30 of the 4 hour journey would be on empty motorways on sunday morning. I know that if I drive sensibly over the urban roads, take roundabouts carefully, and allow plenty of brakeing room, they should be ok. So i closed the curtains, took the load unstrapped, drove like an angel to the motorway, and arrived at the drop with not the slightest movement of the load. I did however, report it to the transport manager when i got back and asked him to make sure the warehouse instruct all the forklift drivers not to trap the straps.

Wonder if VOSA would have been so appreciative of your efforts had they stopped you :exclamation:

muckles:

Rob K:

Wheel Nut:

greggy:
strapping 26 pallets of crisps, dont be stupid.

infact next time you are empty, ask vosa, i bet he will ■■■■ himself laughing

ive never heard such crap.

The times, they are a changing Bob!

But neither would I strap crisps as you will crush them, but I would probably cross a strap around the back pallets

No you wouldn’t Malc! :laughing: :laughing: Where they gonna go anyway? 1 box high… It’s not like they’re gonna topple over and fall out through the back doors is it ? :laughing: :laughing:

Come on who’s really going to be transporting 26 pallets of crisps only one box high?
Unless it’s an 8ft box.

I will do it, then stack the other few boxes on 3 pallets and sell the other 23 pallets for £2 or £3 a piece.

Rob I meant a full shoot of crisps :laughing: We used to bring Jammy Dodgers back from France for Burtons and the biscuits would fall back onto the doors and break. No freebies either…

greggy:

Doesn’t it all depend on what type of crisps are being transported? :confused:
I’ve heard that Quavers are o.k. because of their shape and their self-interlocking nature, Cheesy Wotsits can be a bit of a handful, especially in a crosswind situation. Apparently though, the worst are Frazzles due to their flat shape having a low co-efficient of friction, a bit like K.P. Discos but their slightly concave shape helps. Don’t even ask about Salt’n’Vineagar Chipsticks!!. :open_mouth:

TerryDactyl.:

greggy:

I’ve heard that Quavers are o.k. because of their shape and their self-interlocking nature, Cheesy Wotsits can be a bit of a handful, especially in a crosswind situation. Apparently though, the worst are Frazzles due to their flat shape having a low co-efficient of friction, a bit like K.P. Discos but their slightly concave shape helps. Don’t even ask about Salt’n’Vineagar Chipsticks!!. :open_mouth:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TerryDactyl.:

greggy:

FPMSL :laughing: Brilliant!!

TerryDactyl.:

greggy:

PMSFL.

It’s I.C.N. !