Do i

buy a Tom Tom one XL europe to replace the one i had stolen from the cab after they broke the drivers window when parked in morrisons delivery yard hunslett Leeds tuesday afternoon, or buy a Garmin Nuvi 650 ■■

if you was happy with it buy another one, if not get the other one

personally i woiuld stay with the tomtom. i dont know why but i find them easier to use and the support (ie, downloads and updates) seem alot better than the garmin support.

i know there will be other people with the opposite view but thats my opinion.

tortoise:
‘…replace the one i had stolen from the cab after they broke the drivers window when parked in morrisons…’

Are they coughing-up, Torty?

did you put a PIN on it so it could not be used :exclamation: :question:

I’ve just bought a TomTom One XL Europe to replace my old TomTom.

£170.00 from Amazon… :smiley:

I’ve been told that the tom tom build quality has gone downhill in recent years, and it was reccommended that I get a Garmin when I update.

Anyone else heard/experienced this with tom tom?

Semtex:
I’ve been told that the tom tom build quality has gone downhill in recent years, and it was reccommended that I get a Garmin when I update.

Anyone else heard/experienced this with tom tom?

if you go full time with our friends in scorrier you will need one to find your house !!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hadn’t put pin number in. Didn’t know that you could. Although mine was probably one of the first ones.

I got a Garmin Nuvi 250w and it’s nice and slim, unlike those chunky tomtoms. It’s not bad, yeah, it’s not so easy to get voices for it, but that;'s not a major downside. The menus aren’t so good, but it works just fine.

tomtom is the best for me. got that truckers snooper one but it’s really ■■■■. stick with what you know, get a nice tomtom 720t

Just bought a TomTom go 520 from handtec, only comes with GB & Eire maps, well happy with it. If you need europe maps then the 720 is the one to go for… loads of new features :slight_smile:

is the 720 the one with the local IQ that will take the time of day in to consideration and the likes of speed bumps and traffic and clearly displays what lane you need to be in?

if it is my wife is on about getting me one for xmas as it seems a hell of a lot better/easier to navigate the difficult junctions that you come to

Try this dedicated truck sat nav complete with bridge heights youl love it

www.snooper.co.uk/snooper-s2000-truckmate.htm

Giblsa:
is the 720 the one with the local IQ that will take the time of day in to consideration and the likes of speed bumps and traffic and clearly displays what lane you need to be in?

Not sure. I think that’s a software upgrade? Review here £153 + postage from handtec.co.uk It’s the same as the 520 I have but with euro maps… cheapest I could find & I spent many an hour looking before I bought mine :slight_smile:

AA big road map any garage forcourt £1 99 :slight_smile:

greek:
AA big road map any garage forcourt £1 99 :slight_smile:

Got one of them & use it all the time.Great for getting you to the general area but not much use when you need a small road on an industrial estate in Brighouse :wink:

Giblsa:

Just had a quick look & it’s the 730 that comes with all the above. Not cheap tho at around £220.

have a look on clearance bargains on ebay! lot cheaper!