Do I need my DCPC?

Hi, I work for a local Authority in the vehicle maintenance department. Some duties include road testing, delivering and collecting LGV’s from various dealer service centres, getting vehicles loaded for MOT purposes and taking refuse vehicles to waste facility and emptying for service purposes My employer has stated that I do not need my DCPC for theses duties.Sorry about the long question. Lol

stressballs:
Hi, I work for a local Authority in the vehicle maintenance department. Some duties include road testing, delivering and collecting LGV’s from various dealer service centres, getting vehicles loaded for MOT purposes and taking refuse vehicles to waste facility and emptying for service purposes My employer has stated that I do not need my DCPC for theses duties.Sorry about the long question. Lol

There are dcpc exemptions for road testing and taking to/from MOT but not for the other things you do according to the rules
gov.uk/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples

Vehicles being used by or under the control of the armed forces, police, a local authority or fire and rescue authority

You don’t need to have Driver CPC if you’re driving a vehicle that is used by, or is under the control of:
-the armed forces
-the police
-a public fire and rescue service
-a public ambulance service
-a local authority in an emergency civil protection situation

I also found this …

Vehicles driven within 50 km of the driver’s base and not carrying passengers or goods

New rules will come into force later in 2013 which mean that you won’t need to have Driver CPC if you’re driving vehicles in the course of your work and:
-it’s within 50 km of your base
-you’re not carrying passengers
-you’re not carrying goods, except for equipment that’s incidental to the safe carriage of goods or passengers, or loading or unloading the vehicle, where that equipment is not being carried for hire or reward
-driving the vehicle is not your main activity

The LGVs going to and from dealers without carrying goods if within 50km of base could be seen as an exemption unless it is deemed the LGVs are the goods but I cannot see that being the case

The carrying of goods within 50km to a facility to empty them so you can service the vehicle … very grey area

I say you do need dcpc for the last bit but to be certain please call the DSA DCPC hotline on 0191 201 8112

I called the hotline and its so grey on the last bit that they reckon a legal advisor is needed which may then only be determined in a court