Do drivers/Companies get in trouble for being early?

Can get the sack for running early on the buses.

Many stores in residential areas have curfews which the local authority take great delight in enforcing if the mickey is taken. There can also be restrictions with fridge running and tailift use due to noise.

We turned things around on B&Q and had a window of 15 mins either side of our booking slot. If we’re not tipped 15 mins after our booking time we ■■■■■■ off and left their goods on then billed them for loss of a backload and re delivery :grimacing:
We only started doing this because we was getting fined to high heaven by them when we was doing B&Q multi drop for Yorkshire flowerpots and we’d get to a store and one of their deckers would be in which has a 2 hour turn around and the goods in bloke would just keep us sat there even if they only had 1 pallet :unamused:
Hence we would be late for all the other stores I’d get off some goods in, " you must be joking you’re ■■■■■■■ 2 hours late," and I’d be, " blame your other retards at another store for not tipping my one pallet when they had a decker in!" :imp: total tossers that lot are.

rambo19:

Not that many that get the sack then :wink: :smiley:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

rambo19:

Not that many that get the sack then :wink: :smiley:

You’d be surprised. Early morning and nightimes and Sundays were the worst for having to drag it out.

B&q fines are a grand. So our place tells us

Sports Direct at Shire Brook is £500 if you are more than an hour before or after your booking time.

I know Screwfix give Wincanton a 1 hour window and anything outside of that is classed as a failed delivery and a fine.

Terry T:
I know Screwfix give Wincanton a 1 hour window and anything outside of that is classed as a failed delivery and a fine.

I think screwfix is owned by B&Q (kingfisher group i think) so they might operate the same system.

Born Idle:
Sports Direct at Shire Brook is £500 if you are more than an hour before or after your booking time.

£500? Twice the value of an artic load of their merchandise then.

damoq:

Terry T:

I think screwfix is owned by B&Q (kingfisher group i think) so they might operate the same system.

Yep, when Screwfix trunk their trailers up to Gretna for the Scotland stores they’re often picked up by B&Q units.

In my previous place, I had a 2pm booking at ikea Peterborough to tip, followed by a collection of pallets from there. I arrived on time, went on the bay, and finally got tipped at 530. Went to the office for the reload, and got told ‘you’re late, that was booked for 430.’ I pointed out that I had been there, stuck on their bay for 3.5 hours, and that it was down to them. No joy though, had to come back the following morning st 6am. They then tried to charge the company for me being late for the collection!

At Screwfix we are given a booking time, we are allowed to deliver half hour before or after, they say there is a fine but I’m not sure, apperently its better to be late than early, strange I know.

merc0447:
500 quid is a lot of money in the transport game.

I don’t think it is, companies are happy to throw that sort of money to agency, pay for damage etc. it is a lot of money for them to put in your pocket yes:)

Terry T:
Yep, when Screwfix trunk their trailers up to Gretna for the Scotland stores they’re often picked up by B&Q units.

Haulage is done by Wincanton then. We take some trailers down to Portbury Wincanton on nights for them to do the store deliveries. The yard we go in have B&Q trailers and Screwfix trailers.

Cotswoldcrunch:
And why do companies refuse late deliveries? Do they want the stuff or not?

I take it that’s a little sarcastic. At our well known DIY store yesterday we spent all day waiting for a full arctic of timber to turn up. The contact centre assured us at midday it was half an hour away - only for it to turn up a few mins before the tipping cut off point for the day (4pm). The store manager refused to let us tip him, quite rightly because in the pouring rain when we had our own lorries retuning and labour clocking out what would we do with all that timber which needs to be taken through the back door into shelter. However you can imagine what a fuss the driver’s bosses made down the phone that evening… even going to the point of saying they would pull the arctic a couple of hundred miles back to where it came from if not tipped first thing this AM.

It’s a fine line, but it does make me think all this would be avoided if the company had fines like B & Q for being ill-punctuality.