DLVA/Police harassing drivers on their break

A few weeks back I saw the DVLA harass some drivers in a layby, around 2 a.m. Really they can wake you up in the middle of the night, interrupt your daily rest (assuming they were sleeping there overnight) to do their little tacho checks and tyre kicks? Shame.

Last night I saw police shooing drivers (I think this is what was going on) from the hard shoulder leading to Cobham Services on m25. Normally when I drive past there are dozens of trucks parked there, last night there were only 2 and a cop car behind them with the lights on and a cop walking back towards his car possibly just having told the drivers to gtfo. m40 I went into Beaconsfield serv. I could barely turn onto the service road, full everywhere. WHere’s everyone supposed to park?? I’m lucky in this regard because doing night time store deliveries to company’s own stores I have the luxury of taking my breaks there but I regularly see poor ■■■■■■■■ sleeping on a street in the estate near the store (and I probably wake them up rattling those cages) and they probably get ■■■■ from locals and police patrols.

Not only are there not NEARLY enough parking spots (with 50% of them in services taken by EU trucks and 80% of laybys same) but now they chase ppl off HS and harass them with midnight raids interrupting their brakes chasing them off forcing them to look for another spot and cram up service roads in estates and MSA■■?

The police in my eyes should frequent the red lion truck stop.
I had to work Sunday evening so I stopped there about 7ish for my tea.
Place was full of ee trucks obv been there all weekend.
Was quite a few we drivers in The bar getting merry was 4 blokes on a table literally full of glasses m.bottles they were very merry.
I’m not a killjoy and I do like the odd drink

But these ee drivers all probably there all weekend drinking and still at it 7pm Sunday surley they not.spber by 6 am Monday or what ever time the leave.
The police should be there on a Monday breathlysing them all.
As far parking should be a law any new estates should provide hgv parking instead of them all being classed as private land no parking

seeing as dvsa are the ones enforcing daily rest, if they disturbed me of an evening and thus my rest period, I’d simply state that I’ll talk to em when my 9/11 hrs is up as don’t want to be in breach of THEIR rules. Obviously plod have every right to move you on after signing your printout, but for simple vehicle defect spot check dvsa can go whistle til your rest period is up.

edd1974:
The police in my eyes should frequent the red lion truck stop.
I had to work Sunday evening so I stopped there about 7ish for my tea.
Place was full of ee trucks obv been there all weekend.
Was quite a few we drivers in The bar getting merry was 4 blokes on a table literally full of glasses m.bottles they were very merry.
I’m not a killjoy and I do like the odd drink

But these ee drivers all probably there all weekend drinking and still at it 7pm Sunday surley they not.spber by 6 am Monday or what ever time the leave.
The police should be there on a Monday breathlysing them all.
As far parking should be a law any new estates should provide hgv parking instead of them all being classed as private land no parking

When police stop these drivers we moan.You have said it accurately.They drink like there is no tomorrow