dixons irl

Anybody know what they are like to work for? ?

One of the better Irish firms to work for by all accounts.

You will work your cards but it’s all strictly legal these days. They get all over Europe and its mostly clean fridge work. I think all the big Scanias have gone now and the fleet is mostly Volvo with a few DAFs and the odd Magnum.

Don’t expect to earn your fortune though. The going rate in Ireland these days is €100-120 all in and I’m fairly sure at Dixons that’s per 24hr.

They don’t employ our eastern European cousins as a rule so ask a driver and you’ll at least understand what he says even if you don’t like what you hear.

Cheers
Neilf

Legal but boring. Same loads to the same places day in day out. Never heard their drivers complaining even in the “old days”. All good plant, not great money but there’s worse out there.

Cheers for the comments lads

Decent company to work for im told not sure what they pay.

All decent truck and trailers do a lot of European work.

Ned Kelly Ireland is the man to ask he does work for them he also dose some decent trucking videos on you tube.

Brian.

Speak to their drivers and nobody has a bad word to say for them. Very seldom drivers leave which speaks volumes. ADR work a plenty so pretty much required. One of the best fleets of trucks on the road. Like one post says…doesnt like to employ eastern europeans and will employ irish lads first. Isnt it nice to see a company with morals ! Theyve got a good reputation in the industry

Spoke to one of the gaffers on Facebook and they only take people on that live in Ireland now,nice fella, told me to get in contact if I ever moved there. This was about 3 months back.

pump:
Decent company to work for im told not sure what they pay.

All decent truck and trailers do a lot of European work.

Ned Kelly Ireland is the man to ask he does work for them he also dose some decent trucking videos on you tube.

Brian.

Just was gonna say Ned he just does the odd few days with them so he was saying but he a decent enuff fella,

They got actros MP4,s to just to add to the list