Dixons,Coventry

Just applied for a job here.
Do the trucks have driver cameras,also,can you take take passengers, and do they have the dreaded scania ecoroll?

Not sure, no and yes.

Also limited to 53 I think and you might find theyre powered by LNG.

The Scarnia eco-roll, what stupid swede designed that, flying up hill passing every one, then it cuts in near the top, everyone now come up the inside looking at you…
Now when going up hill foot goes down on loud pedal, no eco.

Sure,I know they are limited to 53 but that ecoroll,I hate it.It would be lovely to have a truck that just stays at a constant 56,too much to ask ,it seems.
I know it saves fuel,it would work well if everyone was using ecoroll.

Luckily on the motor i drive now i can turn that poxy eco roll off, i’m in charge of the what speed the vehicle is travelling at and when that no longer applies i’ll not bother with cruise at all and go back to a suitably cut to length stick, which was standard cruise control 40+ years ago.

Juddian:
Luckily on the motor i drive now i can turn that poxy eco roll off, i’m in charge of the what speed the vehicle is travelling at and when that no longer applies i’ll not bother with cruise at all and go back to a suitably cut to length stick, which was standard cruise control 40+ years ago.

I hope you’re a dixons driver!

I don’t know about the Scania version, but on the Renault I usually use (which AIUI has Volvo underpinnings) the driver can select the degree of “Eco-ness” of the cruise control.

Ha,no chance of doing that with scania,the system is locked on permanent eco,or you have to use the accelerator. I suppose the company has some way of cancelling it

Roymondo:
I don’t know about the Scania version, but on the Renault I usually use (which AIUI has Volvo underpinnings) the driver can select the degree of “Eco-ness” of the cruise control.

If only Scarnia had copied Volvo, set the overspeed, set retarder, press cruise off ya go. Eco roll cuts in going downhill, retarder holds at 100kmh,

Sploom:
Ha,no chance of doing that with scania,the system is locked on permanent eco,or you have to use the accelerator. I suppose the company has some way of cancelling it

It’s not the brand of the truck, it’s how it was programmed. At one company you can change the eco-mode to anything you want but at others like DX you have no control, can’t use manual and can’t change the gearbox mapping. It depends how it’s set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes,I thought so.When I complained about the ecoroll,they appreciated my concerns but they said it wasn’t possible to change the settings because that would mean sending all the units back to scania to be adjusted and that wasn’t possible

Giving the fact you have just applied for a job there,why not attend the interview and ask all the questions you want answers to.
On here 10 Drivers could give you 10 different answers along with their own personal opinion along with gossip from a third party

lolipop:
Giving the fact you have just applied for a job there,why not attend the interview and ask all the questions you want answers to.
On here 10 Drivers could give you 10 different answers along with their own personal opinion along with gossip from a third party

You reckon?
I would expect ten drivers here to provide at least a dozen different answers.

Just blip the accelerator to over ride the Eco Roll , if not the drivers behind don’t understand why you are slowing down .

Yes,I will go to the interview ,lollipop.

Tarmaceater,yes,but things like this bother me more than they do other people. The machine is working against the one who is operating it,when they should be working as a team.

Sploom:

We can choose which setting, they all still have an eco-roll built in

[attachment=0]PXL_20210705_100458608.jpg[/attachment]

Ah,yes,some of our hired units have that.
If you set it on hill climbing,it revs the ■■■■■■■■ out of itself!