Diversions down a 7.5T limit road

A few weeks ago, I got diverted off the M62 due to roadworks. As was OK as I followed the diversion in my 26T rigid. Then, at a roundabout, the diversion route points down a weight restricted road. Unsure of the legality of it I thought it best not to follow and ended up taking 20 minutes finding my own way back onto the motorway and thus missing my drop deadline. So, my question is, in this situation am I able to take the signed diversion regardless of the weight restriction or have to fend for myself? I’ve tried looking online and there doesn’t seem to be any clear cut advice on this issue.

Thanks all.

If the official signposted diversion takes you that way then all OK. There has been a few days where the A27 has been closed and the diversion along the A259 takes you through a 7.5 limit.

Chilly77:
A few weeks ago, I got diverted off the M62 due to roadworks. As was OK as I followed the diversion in my 26T rigid. Then, at a roundabout, the diversion route points down a weight restricted road. Unsure of the legality of it I thought it best not to follow and ended up taking 20 minutes finding my own way back onto the motorway and thus missing my drop deadline. So, my question is, in this situation am I able to take the signed diversion regardless of the weight restriction or have to fend for myself? I’ve tried looking online and there doesn’t seem to be any clear cut advice on this issue.

Thanks all.

As far as I’m aware the weight limit stands unless its covered up.
There’s a similar thing if they shut the M5 jn 27 off at Willand through the village/town and as you get to the roundabout the 7.5t limit is posted and the sign is a folding sign so if the diversion is in place they fold the sign temp removing the weight limit …
The only other way is if directed by… a Policeman IN uniform …

I’d be nervous following a 7.5T restricted diversion in an artic.

As I understand it, some restrictions are there to prevent nuisance trucks but others are there because the road simply isn’t suitable or capable of handling traffic of that size.

If the diversion route adds back temporary nuisance to the locals then that’s one thing, but if you’re trying to squeeze an artic into a space that is not designed for it then that’s something completely different.

I think your strategy was safer, to find your own safe way back to the motorway and tell your TM that you were late because of road closures. How can they argue with that?