Disruption in France lorry drivers protesting

Just read on the news here that drivers will be protesting on the Nantes ring-road with the intention of paralysing it from 6am Monday morning, I am not sure how widespread this is, It appears that it is not just a local thing so any of the main cites and large towns and some motorway toll booths could be affected Happy trucking :slight_smile:

Hi Tim,
Glad you are out of your hobbit hole.Where did you read this?I have to go to Dieppe tomorrow.What are we protesting about now?
Owen

Apparently itā€™s a nationwide strike, from what Iā€™ve heard itā€™ll affect the pĆ©age stations as well. As far as I know itā€™s all down to drivers wanting more money as some are on minimum wageā€¦ The strikers want at least 100ā‚¬ more per month.

Anyway watch out you fellas heading over here this week, and donā€™t let your diesel run too low either as there may be some problems at the pumps too .

Itā€™s also linked into the fact that the likes of ND open branches in Poland for example, then legally bus drivers into France, then pay those drivers wages at the Polish rate, reducing the jobs available in France for french based drivers.

Is this going to be more than odd places or all over,and more than one day ?

In Germany i donĀ“t hear or read any Infos about it in tv or newspaper or somewhere elseā€¦
I only found this page here :

Thank you.
So Monday and Tuesday could be bad.
Time to run the nationalā€™s but i expect somewhere like Rouen could be bad,as itā€™s easily blocked and has a big refinery.
Hope this wonā€™t affect the dock in Dieppe.
Owen

As i get 12.14 Euro per hour, and a 13th and 14 th month salary and prime this and that should i keep quiet or join in with a show of solidarity and support?
Is there that much support in the current economic climate for more disruption?
I expect it will depend if i am going to get to Dieppe and ship out !
We shall see.
Owen

Safe journey up to Dieppe Owen, they are on yellow alert up that way, ā€˜risque important neige et verglas!!ā€™

Hi all.Tim i just happened to look at your address and see that you are near to Les Herbiers.I used to go there regularly for Pilkington.Nice quiet area.

Went through Les Herbiers the other week taking a truck back to one of our other factories in Cholet. It is even quieter down where I live :slight_smile: Pilkington Glass? I noticed a massive establishment there that manufacture windows (K-Line? i think) bit warmer here than lappland I suspect :slight_smile:

Fantastic - one of my trucks is stuck on the Caen ring road having come off the ferry this afternoon. Does anyone have any information as to how long this is going to last. As usual, the Police appear to be doing sweet FA!!

Dear all,
Left Angers at 10.30 arrived Dieppe 16.00.
Ran the National all the way.Nothing to see.Peages clear,no problem at Rouen.Bit of snow laying after Alencon but roads clear.Hope it stays that way when i ship back tomorrow.
Owen

There seems to be strikes over France at the moment. I was down in Port St Louis just before Christmas and there were blockades on all the main routes in and out with the Gendermerie doing nothing except stand there and turn the traffic around.

HĆ©raultais:
Itā€™s also linked into the fact that the likes of ND open branches in Poland for example, then legally bus drivers into France, then pay those drivers wages at the Polish rate, reducing the jobs available in France for french based drivers.

Well said!!! You have just gone up in my estimation, about 5000%

OwenMoney:
Is this going to be more than odd places or all over,and more than one day ?

What are you worried about - you told us all you are paid by the hour - 14 months a year, participation in profits - bottle of pop and bag of chips every year Quote ā€œJust off for very non alcholic lunch, with bossā€?