DISABLED

R u disabled and how do you cope, :question: i was involved in a really bad accident in 2012 and have just come out of hospital after my 3rd opperation ,im goin back in a week for another one ,it seems endless ,im still employed and my firm as been great with me so far its starting to really get me down ,hence the lack of posts over the last few month ,as anyone else got a illness or disabled and how do u drag yourself out of bed on a morning ,sorry for such a negative post but a problem shared and all that :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Keep your chin up Seth, there are several of us on here that are disabled. I have been for many years after a bad RTA. There are several members on these forums who have a disability.
Cheers Dave.

Thanx dave , u are right with try and keep your chin up ,but its hard m8,everything has been goin great and i should have been goi back to work at the start of next month great,then i have had a slip and im back to square one ,i cant tell u how gutted i am,ive kept off tnet especially the pro drivers bit because the moaning and ■■■■■■■■ about sod all just windes me up and makes me even worse,a lot of the members need to get a grip a be gratefull for what they have,sorry i have too much time on my hands :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I don’t worry about anyone moaning and ■■■■■■■■ Seth. The only thing that annoys me is bullies. Keep your chin up, a lot of us never had a chance to go back lorry driving. I still drive my vans on hand controls, as do a few others on here. Don’t let it get to you, just give it time, and you will eventually be OK.
Cheers Dave.

Im bedbound at the minute and its sending me barmy,im 42yrs old and was as fit as a fiddle ,you never know whats round the corner ,its so fruststraighting and really does make you feel useless,i look forward to every 4 hours so i can take pain relief,oooh while im on a moan u realise who your mates are when things go ■■■■ up and a lot of mine are not worth a toss,its a good job ive got great parents and family.

Hi Seth,
In 1992 I broke my back,pelvis and both legs and had countless
operations during six months in hospital.

You will get through it,I did and continued to work all over Europe
and travel the world with a backpack.

Im not disabled just dented,I gave up my disability payments in 93
and everyone said I was crackers and that I was set for life.

Try and find the positives and ignore the negatives.
For me it made me a better person.

Keep your chin up mate the now is not the future.

Fresh out of hospital today and things have gone a lot better than expected,im in a lot of pain but all being well i should be back to work 6 to 8 week ,im over the moon,there is a god :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wish you well are you okay to keep driving

I had a small accident and broke my leg 20 years ago.Like you Seth found out who my mates were ,I had always been active cycling and hill walking etc.I found it hard to have to sit and do nothing for long periods.I learned to work my mums knitting machine and made some clothes for my young nieces for something to do.Not knowing your circumstances could you do any thing in your local community as much for your own sense of self worth.Glad to see that you are on the mend.

irish lorries:

Yes m8 i will be back driving ,ive been drivin 22yrs ,since i was 21 and never been ill so being out of action for the last 2yr has been a killer,anyway theres no point dwelling on the past im on a roll again a couple of week at physio then back to normal ,fingers crossed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

irish lorries:

Yes m8 i will be back driving ,ive been drivin 22yrs ,since i was 21 and never been ill so being out of action for the last 2yr has been a killer,anyway theres no point dwelling on the past im on a roll again a couple of week at physio then back to normal ,fingers crossed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

ooops double post again ,must be gerrin giddy :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:

irish lorries:

good luck on that

On a lighter note. I’ve got wooden legs…And real feet. :wink:

After being minutes from death and most of my bones turned to dust ,ive come to the end of 2 yrs of hell ,ive had more operations to remember and the pain as been unreal ,ive finished my treatment and physio im back to work in 2 week,HAPPY DAYS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

seth 70:
After being minutes from death and most of my bones turned to dust ,ive come to the end of 2 yrs of hell ,ive had more operations to remember and the pain as been unreal ,ive finished my treatment and physio im back to work in 2 week,HAPPY DAYS :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good to hear at lest you had trucknet to keep you entertained

seth 70:

Good for you Seth, it’s great that your staying positive and trying hard to get back to work. I’ve been very lucky in my working life, although I’ve had a couple of major illnesses in that time I managed to get to retirement and have stayed fit enough to enjoy life after work. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

seth 70:

Good for you Seth, it’s great that your staying positive and trying hard to get back to work. I’ve been very lucky in my working life, although I’ve had a couple of major illnesses in that time I managed to get to retirement and have stayed fit enough to enjoy life after work. Regards Kev.

Thanks m8 ,i went back to hospital this week and ive been given the thumbs up ,apart from looking like ive been attacked by a shark and ive got aches and pains everywhere ,im ok and have got to live with it ,back to work this week ,im nervous but cant get any worse than what ive been thru,crack on :wink: :wink:

Good luck to you the morrow Seth

Been back at work 6 week now ,im on full hours ,nothing to moan about ,what ive been thru was life changing but ive moved on [painfull though]it doesnt feel like ive been away,im happy :smiley: