Dirty lorries / traffic patina / weathered wagons

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Soviet-looking dirt! A lot of lorries returning from Kazakhstan ended up with front ends like that. To be fair, keeping a wagon clean on that sort of work was a loosing battle. North Africa wasn’t quite so bad because there were gadgies in the port at Tangiers who’d hand wash your unit and trailer for a very reasonable price.

Franglais:

ERF-NGC-European:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Soviet-looking dirt! A lot of lorries returning from Kazakhstan ended up with front ends like that. To be fair, keeping a wagon clean on that sort of work was a loosing battle. North Africa wasn’t quite so bad because there were gadgies in the port at Tangiers who’d hand wash your unit and trailer for a very reasonable price.

Spot on Franglais! The tall one on the right normally worked with his brother. Here’s a pic I took of them in the late '90s.

The wagon & drag in the background of your picture could be one of Meyer & Meyer’s or more likely one of Drier’s.

And here again.
Was the guy in the green shirt called “Fish And Chips”?
I only did a couple of runs that way, and about that was two decades ago now!

Franglais:
And here again.

Yes, he was a mechanic IIRC.

It could get mildy mucky in Winter in Morocco. Can’t remember where I was parked here - Casablanca probably.

ERF-NGC-European:

Franglais:
And here again.

Yes, he was a mechanic IIRC.

I remember a mechanic, possibly him, recharging an air-con system in the TIR Park. No van, just a sack truck to carry tools and gas bottle. Half the price of a Euro worker, and you weren`t going anywhere for a few days, were you! Get the odd jobs sorted.

There used to be 3 young lads between 9 & 11 years old in the parking area below the Harum Hotel in Istanbul.

IIRC they did a Truck Wash, Shoe Shine & Parking Security.

They only knew 3 words of English which were the first words they heard when Brits starting parking there, as a result, they became the names they were known by: F*** Off, Pass Off & Winker.

At the risk of turning this into yet another M/E thread, here are a few more desert stained wagons:

814e80fdd923bcded99778fd69abb3ac.jpg

No one’s mentioned livestock lorries yet. That was another category likely to end up dirty by the end of the day, as indeed were any lorries on agricultural work.

skkk-l400.jpg

4d26a3d6b380512b12f564a2b0223e09.jpg

Nmp’s

Looks like he has a problem with the rear of the trailer.

F89 Volvo.jpg

Good pics chaps! :sunglasses:

I know these did a lot of Eastern Europe and Russia, as well as North Africa, on garment work. This one looks as if it’s in the East.

2d5f7193be6450a9a3ebab042f81418c.jpg

Another one that did Russia, Kazakhstan etc - again Dutch like the Jan de Lely above.

OcvbnIP.jpg

Nice as PIE and middle-eastly grimed up!

324303631_719686033010815_2566998896516746786_n.jpg

Traffic Patina ?
Dear O Lord. :confused: