Dirty cars/lorries

For the life of me I can’t understand why people who drive good cars or lorries don’t bother washing them. I was beside a peach of an 11 reg BMW convertible yesterday, white with red leather and it was filthy and the wheels were black with brake dust, why have such a good car if your not going to look after it? I was also in lidl bevedere yesterday and there was a scania R730 in there, really nice wagon but also filthy and not fresh dirt but old dirt, looks like it never seen a drop of water. Im not saying we should spend hours polishing and waxing a lorry but I give mine a wash with the lance and brush once a week and I put it through the brushes a couple of times a week, no big hassle. Whats wrong with these people? Sorry about the rant.

I suppose some people don’t take any pride in their work! If I had a nice motor I would give it a damm good clean every once in a while!

Maybe because they work must of the week time they get to the “truck” wash it’s shut :wink:

My car gets washed when I’ve got time and I’m passing the £3 car wash place.

Truck gets washed either at weekends, or if I’m free enough to take it somewhere, depending on where I’m working.

1 place I worked had people come in at weekend to clean them.

They are vehicles that are to be driven, not sat around being washed / polished etc

I’d rather have a dirty M5 than a clean focus :wink:

A wagon is there to earn money for the company not too look nice and shiny for the truck spotters among us. Get over it. If there’s a choice between a mucky wagon and being busy or sparkling wagon and just ticking over I’d take the first option every time.

My lorry is rotten outside its a tipper and has been flat out since Monday morning it will get washed Friday night. If I’m not as busy it gets a quick wash down as and when. But work comes first and after 12 hours driving round in it I can think of better things to do than wash lorrys.

sammy:
For the life of me I can’t understand why people who drive good cars or lorries don’t bother washing them. I was beside a peach of an 11 reg BMW convertible yesterday, white with red leather and it was filthy and the wheels were black with brake dust, why have such a good car if your not going to look after it? I was also in lidl bevedere yesterday and there was a scania R730 in there, really nice wagon but also filthy and not fresh dirt but old dirt, looks like it never seen a drop of water. Im not saying we should spend hours polishing and waxing a lorry but I give mine a wash with the lance and brush once a week and I put it through the brushes a couple of times a week, no big hassle. Whats wrong with these people? Sorry about the rant.

Could the hosepipe ban be a contributory factor?

some do, some don’t, just people.
we have mostly 58 plate onward trucks. i drive them all as i do the night runs, and they vary from show standard, to scrap yard material. 9 times out of 10, the inside follows a similar pattern to the out. some are really grim.

xfmatt:
A wagon is there to earn money for the company not too look nice and shiny for the truck spotters among us. Get over it. If there’s a choice between a mucky wagon and being busy or sparkling wagon and just ticking over I’d take the first option every time.

+1 :smiley:

That’s why I could never run a transport firm. Anyone who didn’t look after the kit would be out of a job, and judging by reactions on here, I wouldn’t be able to find any replacements :unamused:

Hosepipe question above

No as business can use the hosepipe so I Heared

chilistrucker:
some do, some don’t, just people.
we have mostly 58 plate onward trucks. i drive them all as i do the night runs, and they vary from show standard, to scrap yard material. 9 times out of 10, the inside follows a similar pattern to the out. some are really grim.

What are their homes like?

Err my brothel is very clean thank you… :smiley:

I’m enjoying the hosepipe ban, it is a great excuse to see how dirty my car can get. If I did wash it it would be covered in mud or dust again within 10 minutes so I’m not too proud about it having to be shiny. :smiley:

kr79:
My lorry is rotten outside its a tipper and has been flat out since Monday morning it will get washed Friday night. If I’m not as busy it gets a quick wash down as and when. But work comes first and after 12 hours driving round in it I can think of better things to do than wash lorrys.

This.
Quarry wheelwashes and dust suppression systems make things worse: Just enough moisture on the ground to get picked up by one lorry and peppered onto the lorry passing the other way.
If my lorry’s clean and shiny it’s 1:Finished early 2:Service 3:MOT prep. None of this going in on a Saturday for no wages and doing it.

NathanB:

kr79:

This.
Quarry wheelwashes and dust suppression systems make things worse: Just enough moisture on the ground to get picked up by one lorry and peppered onto the lorry passing the other way.
If my lorry’s clean and shiny it’s 1:Finished early 2:Service 3:MOT prep. None of this going in on a Saturday for no wages and doing it.

+1 Mine’s dirty because it gets worked hard. If I get time tomorrow I’ll wash it, if not the ‘patina’ stays. :laughing:

As sad as i might sound i really have to keep my truck and car always really clean, i will stand after many a hard days graft and wash it thoroughly,hard to keep on top of in winter,but thats just me,and in our place cleaning fluids are available and the drivers who keep their wagons best get the best wagons.

BIGRIG1:
As sad as i might sound i really have to keep my truck and car always really clean, i will stand after many a hard days graft and wash it thoroughly,hard to keep on top of in winter,but thats just me,and in our place cleaning fluids are available and the drivers who keep their wagons best get the best wagons.

Rather you than me :laughing: :laughing:

BIGRIG1:

The type of job should dictate cleanliness; Shop/food work no question. Construction industry vehicles less important. We’ve got drivers who wont take a spare wagon out unles the dashboard is polished, me, couldn’t give a toss. What am more strict about though is maintenance.

If the company have the courtesey to supply me with a nice motor, then it’s only right to keep it clean and tidy.