dirty cabs

hand your waggon over come back few days later ■■■■ all over cab hacked of to day
liketo keep my motor right and clean where has driver regard gone

I don’t sit in filth (can’t, carrying foodstuffs and I night out about once a fortnight on average) but I’m not ocd about dust. If I’m given a truck normally driven by an ocd driver I’ll look after it, but I wont go to the lengths they do (eg using a toothbrush to clean air vents).

Hi “Muckaway” ,
Are you up in ■■■■■■■ this week ? The tolls prices should be increasing ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

cattle wagon man:
Hi “Muckaway” ,
Are you up in ■■■■■■■ this week ? The tolls prices should be increasing ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No mate, one of our relief drivers is/was. All going well he should be parked up en route to Newcastle by now. I’m up ■■■■■■■ way next week as far as I know.

I clean the inside of it for 5 minutes a day on my way out at night. Each day I just do one thing, a vent, or stalks, or buttons on dash, plus a swift wipe down of surfaces and it’s ready to rock and roll next day. It’s amazing how clean you can keep it and with very little effort or cost. I spent about £10 over a year ago and I reckon I’ve still got half left in all the bottles.

Windows and mirrors are done as part of my walk rounds in the morning as they are a safety issue as far as I’m concerned, rather than my slightly OCD clean cab fetishism.

My cab is clean for me and nobody else. When one of the other lads has a day in her I just ask that they put paperwork in the bin bag provided and take sandwich wrappers etc home with them.

The coffee and biscuits are always in the same place and they know to help themselves.

Muckaway:

cattle wagon man:
Hi “Muckaway” ,

No mate, one of our relief drivers is/was. All going well he should be parked up en route to Newcastle by now. I’m up ■■■■■■■ way next week as far as I know.

Right , lad ,…we`ll ask all the shopkeepers to ask you to carry the flour bags to the far end of the
storage area ,…oh,…and up in the loft too . :unamused: :unamused: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Enjoy your trip . :smiley:

Cheers , Anon 2.

Can’t beat a spotlessly clean cab, mines not too bad considering the state it was in when I got it but I’m slowly getting it back to being respectable when ever I have time on my hands. It would drive me mental if someone else left it a mess but there’s ■■■■ all you can do about it only clean it, management won’t care unless it affects them.

When collecting livestock from farms in the mornings , work clothing became dirtier , and consequently,
dirty boots made the cab floor resemble a midden. A quick swill out of the cab floor when on the auction mart
wash bay was the way to clean out a dirty cab.

On one occasion , a farmer went with me to gather-up some sheep from a very large field . He brought his sheepdog
with him to make the gathering much easier . About half way of the outward journey his bl**dy dog was sick,…all over
the cab floor. To make matters worse , the dog had spewed into my wellingtons , which were on the cab floor. . :unamused: :frowning:
The dog must have eaten a full size horse that morning. :open_mouth: It then had a sudden bout of the w.s. :unamused: :unamused: :exclamation:

The farmer then informed me that his dog was a bad traveller in any motor vehicle. He was chuffin` well right too. :unamused:

Even though I washed the insides of my wellingtons many times, they had a rancid smell for a long time, as also did the cab.

I’m a bit/very sad when it comes to a clean cab. Nice shinny dash air freshener replaced weekly it’s hoovered 2/3 times a week and when ever I’m waiting around the cloths and dash spray come out. And I’m one of the sad ■■■■■ who use a little paintbrush for the vents, now it’s probably not gonna win cleanest in show at truckfest but it surprises a few people how clean it’s kept for the work it does. My car is the same and if I payed someone to drive my car delivering what ever all week I would expect it to be looked after so I will always treat people’s things how I want my own treated. The only time my cabs dirty is on a Monday morning if my boss gets in it during the weekend. He’ll park it In the yard leave the door open let all the dust stick to the dash leave chocolate/crisp wrappers on my floor and shunt it with his gloves on. So most Monday mornings consist of walk around checks and cleaning the cab but what can you say when he bloody paid for it.

If youve got time to polish your floor mats then you aren’t working hard enough :wink: Rubbish being left in the cab by other drivers then imo that is not acceptable.