Directive coming from Brussels

Have a gander at what they’re proposing now, There’s a rush going on at present to sign, seal & deliver deals before the EU-wide ballot in June.

There are a lot of videos talking about possible future EU law re old car scrappage.
The one you posted references another non-EU source, nothing direct from the EU.
Seems to be a lot of fuss about very little:
EU not working on law to ‘seize and scrap’ cars | European Newsroom
La réparation des "voitures de plus de 15 ans" bientôt "interdite" par l'Union européenne ? C'est trompeur | Factuel

So no Stasi style directive then, Interesting read. I did read that paragraph in there about a proposed ‘EU check up every two years’ on older cars emissions last year but haven’t seen anything about it since then.
It was a piece about older cars that had been re-mapped thus changing the emissions.

They’re discontinuing the Porsche Taycan ICE version this Summer in the EU only because it can still be re-mapped, cyber security issues & it doesn’t have the ability for the emissions to be constantly monitored, Porsche said it would cost too much for a new software system.

It’s obvious that few people are going to abandon superior old vehicle technology and use by choice.
The only way that the control freaks will make their utopian nightmare stick is by compulsion and obviously the withdrawal of product support in the form of parts and repair for such tech is the main way in which they intend to do it.

I still have one old tech vehicle, which I enjoy, but my newer vehicle does 48mpg, cruises all day at motorway speeds, and needs an oil change about once a year.
Many people ARE choosing newer tech with good reason.

The resulting depreciation of the newer tech with its multiple overhead cams and variable valve timing lash up and engine blocks made of cheese, let alone combined with diesel emissions crap.
More than wipes out the fuel savings over something like a 4.0 litre pushrod straight 6 Jeep or V8 Rover.
In this case we’re obviously discussing the even worse situation of being turned away from the parts and/or service counter when the time comes to fix either of them all and being directed to the local EV dealer.

To be fair the French reference point of a classic car would be a Citroen 2CV or DS or SM so the more they can scrap of those the better.