Directions in London please

New driver here requiring assistance, going from bristol to westminster central hall to collect at 23:30 hrs sunday night 29th july in an 18t rigid. thought i had an easy run, but i’ve been told the M4 j1-j3 has a weight limit, i have also been told some of the roads around the destination are closed off on the 28th and 29th. help please.
gordo

i not what the road closures are in central london are but google tfl for london they should all be listed there
there is a 7.5 ton weight restriction on the m4 i think from junction 3 inwards but its well signposted your best bet is to come off at juction 3 and go onto the a312 (the parkway) and then onto the a40 (westway) and follow that up to the a5 edgeware road and should bring you down to near where you want to go
google maps its and see what you think but check tfl for london too

M4 is now 7.5t Jcts 1-3.
Come off M4 at jct3,turn right at roundabout,pick up A312 ( Feltham/Heathrow)straight through traffic lights,turn left at next roundabout,onto the A4 ( Great West Road )
Follow A4 all the way to the Chiswick Roundabout ( M4 Chiswick flyover will be above you)take the 3rd exit,slip road onto A4 Great West Road,follow A4 over Hammersmith flyover - Talgarth Rd-Cromwell Road-Brompton Road ( still A4) all the way to Hyde Park Corner.
Not sure from here mate.

I’d follow James Bateman’s directions to Hyde Park Corner, branch left onto the sliproad and take 4th exit onto Grosvenor Place (A302 I think), round the one way bit and branch left onto Victoria Street.
Central Hall is I think oppposite the QE2 conference centre, if so access will probably be off Storeys Gate, which is on the left off Victoria St just before Westminster Abbey.

thanks for your help, just looked up your suggested route on google maps, looks like i may get there yet. bloody newbees eh!!, cheers again.
gordo.

either way is good but the way through hammersmith i find can be a little complicated for someone unfamilar with the city but just my thoughts :smiley: :smiley:

Just watch the london lorry ban, go in it and you’ll almost certainly get fined.

Saaamon:
Just watch the london lorry ban, go in it and you’ll almost certainly get fined.

Lorry ban is only for vehicles exceeding 18t, so won’t be a problem for the OP :sunglasses:

AJF3011:

Saaamon:

Lorry ban is only for vehicles exceeding 18t, so won’t be a problem for the OP :sunglasses:

i learning a lot tonight didnt know under 18t wasnt included i just used to keep driving and let someone else worry about the fines if they wanted the load there that was there prob in my eyes but couldnt understand why the sat nav would always never want to let me in there i must reduce the weight limit on it :unamused: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Try this website for all the latest information.
getaheadofthegames.com/

Because of the Olmypics there are many more restrictions. With roads closed or no right/left turn into certain roads.
You also have the Games Lanes with access to these restricted.

You can enter your starting/ delivery postcode in and it will work out a route for you.

Good luck and keep your eyes open, you won’t want a £130 fine.