Direct Vision Standard 2024

I had some feeling that the DVS spec for London was changing later in the year. A quick look see on the 28th October the minium spec for a truck over 12t goes from the 1 star rating to a 3 star rating.

My assumption was that trucks that have had kit retrofitted to be compliant would probably still be ok, but actually it appears the required safety systems have also increased, I am sure none of our fleet currently have the forward looking camera or sensor.

I did walk past a Turners new DAF XG last week that looked to have a bolt on sensor fitted to the middle of the lower front grill, perhaps that was for this.

What is a DVS Progressive Safe System? Direct Vision Standard in London (durite.co.uk)

1 Like

I saw a TM posting about the costs of the PSS to upgrade his vehicles, at £1200 a pop (his quoted figure) I’m guessing it’s going to need a bit more than just one sensor on the front.

It’s a bit mortifying if chunks of the previous kit gets pulled out and discarded as redundant just to keep up with the standard, but perhaps that will be the case.

To date ours have tended to (slowly) get practially all the fleet up to spec but perhaps the way forward is to kit up the minium number of units to meet the need. I could see that causing more cab hopping to match drivers with routes with trucks though.

We have 4 or 5 brand new LF’s which have only started going out to work in the last few weeks but are only 1 star rated. Perhaps the new XB is higher.

Daf xg all ready has a 3 star rating.