Digo tacho played up

Strange one but finished my shift at 1620hrs yesterday and ejected my card, inserted card this morning at 05:30 and put it on other work for 15 mins to do my checks, all good so far. Then went to drive away and for some reason tacho starts flashing saying driver warning 4:15 need a break!! Ejected card and re inserted but say thing! Anyway carried on intending to do print out and sign it. Drove for 4 hrs and took a 45! Tacho the re set itself and all was ok!! Have I done right to do a printout and sign to the effect of a mistake from the tach? Looking at the print it shows l only drove for 7 hrs in the last 24

I’d do the printout and report it.

Sorry should add i did report it to TM but like l said all was well and good after a 45! Strange

Sounds to me like you accidentally set a manual entry for other work overnight.

Make sure you have a print out and write out an explanation on the back.

Coolrider:
Strange one but finished my shift at 1620hrs yesterday and ejected my card, inserted card this morning at 05:30 and put it on other work for 15 mins to do my checks, all good so far. Then went to drive away and for some reason tacho starts flashing saying driver warning 4:15 need a break!! Ejected card and re inserted but say thing! Anyway carried on intending to do print out and sign it. Drove for 4 hrs and took a 45! Tacho the re set itself and all was ok!! Have I done right to do a printout and sign to the effect of a mistake from the tach? Looking at the print it shows l only drove for 7 hrs in the last 24

The likelihood is that instead of starting a new shift you continued yesterdays shift so the driving time was carried over from the previous shift.

Is it a type 2 digital tachograph and did you do a manual entry to cover the time since you ejected the driver card ?

It’s a Volvo tacho on a 13 plate. Not sure whats happend but I’ve done a printout stating time finished previous day and signed it! Would this suffice? When I ejected the card the previous day l went straight home no other work carried out at all, in the car and home!

Coolrider:
It’s a Volvo tacho on a 13 plate. Not sure whats happend but I’ve done a printout stating time finished previous day and signed it! Would this suffice? When I ejected the card the previous day l went straight home no other work carried out at all, in the car and home!

That would be a type 2 tachograph.

You’ve almost certainly recorded the rest period as other work, all you can do is what you’ve done, a printout with a written explanation on it and sign it.

tachograph:

Coolrider:

That would be a type 2 tachograph.

You’ve almost certainly recorded the rest period as other work, all you can do is what you’ve done, a printout with a written explanation on it and sign it.

that’s why I always say put it on rest / break before ejecting and inserting card … also if after inserting card and NOT doing manual eateries DONT move until the tacho shows the Card symbol in full ( the symbol that looks like a door)