Digital tv tuning

ive got a 16" lcd tv with built in freeview and i cant get a signal.

ive bought a dvbt outdoor areial and ive tried 2 off these. now what i think maybe the problem is… its a 240v tv and im running it through an inverter and im wondering if the inverter running is somehow blocking the signal. ive tried the telly all over with the aerial booster and still no signal.

the telly is a very nice one with a built in dvd but im not bothered by the dvd as i use my laptop for my films but im miffed that i cant watch telly.

also just to say i cant get normal anolgue tv or digital.

any ideas :question: :question: :question: :question:

Does the tv work ok when plugged in at home ?
ADD - with the outdoor ariel attached - not the main house ariel

would have been better buying a free view dig dongal for the laptop mine works great and u can use it all over europe too and you can record tv and take snapshots of a picture with it

Try what Rog said though

can you get digital tv in your area?

jessicas dad:
im miffed that i cant watch telly.

you can watch live telly on your PC - many channels to choose from - tvcatchup.com/

ROG:

jessicas dad:

you can watch live telly on your PC - many channels to choose from - tvcatchup.com/

Rog most internet companies when you use a USB dongle have a clause in there contract about streaming and it uses you allowance up pretty quick

delboytwo:
Rog most internet companies when you use a USB dongle have a clause in there contract about streaming and it uses you allowance up pretty quick

I was unaware of that fact.

delboytwo:

ROG:

jessicas dad:

Its ok if you can find free wifi.

ROG:

delboytwo:

I was unaware of that fact.

i am with bt and can have a dongle for £10 ponds and i get 12 gig download for 12 months but if you watch Iplayer for a hour it just under 1 gig

just to let you know im going to try a different aerial as i tried my mates and that was spot on in bradford.

jessicas dad:
just to let you know im going to try a different aerial as i tried my mates and that was spot on in bradford.

keep us updated :slight_smile:

I had same problem, sorted it with a House aerial (digital) stuck on my mirror arm it now works a treat in 99% of places…

you can buy a mag mount ariel from maplins for a tenner, they are good, works most places!!