Digital tv dongle

Was wondering if anybody has tried any of the digital tv dongles which supposedly give digital tv on a laptop. If they are any good andif some are better than others or are they all a waste of money. I am considering this as an alternative to buying a tv for my truck. Any help please.

dongle is ok but proper tv is alot better. i have tried both and pefer the tv. 25 quid for dongle i paid 60 for a 10 inch thin digital tv from poundstretcher . plus you can use laptop whilst tv is on.

I’ve got a dongle for my laptop, it works well, but you need to get a good areial. I also installed a program called ProgDVB6 much better than media center.

As mentioned in previous posts DONT get tv dongle,as long as you have internet you can watch all freeview on this tvcatchup.com/

mb14:
As mentioned in previous posts DONT get tv dongle,as long as you have internet you can watch all freeview on this tvcatchup.com/

true but it will eat your allowance up wont it.

DBV-T Sticks work well, it is the antenna that lets them down. I used mine in the house with the roof aerial and found every programme to be very strong and stable. I reckon with a good caravan or boat aerial on a truck the results will be the same

gezt:

mb14:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59558

mb14:

gezt:

mb14:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=59558

usage question still not answered , :unamused:

mb14:

Was wondering this myself, surely unless your in a free wi-fi area catchup tv will hammer the allowance on a bluetooth dongle.

TVcatchup uses about 154mb an hour

bubsy06:
TVcatchup uses about 154mb an hour

Usage question IS answered.

so can anyone please recommend an aerial . I have a Win-tv dongle which when used at home on the house aerial gives me a superb picture. However I cannot get it working with the aerial supplied and nor will it work with a Magic Eye style one I borrowed from another driver . So frustrating :unamused:

Help :bulb: :cry:

shade:
so can anyone please recommend an aerial . I have a Win-tv dongle which when used at home on the house aerial gives me a superb picture. However I cannot get it working with the aerial supplied and nor will it work with a Magic Eye style one I borrowed from another driver . So frustrating :unamused:

Help :bulb: :cry:

You need an aerial booster which runs off the 12v.
Try one of these cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAGIC-WAND-PORTAB … 1c13e06849 but remove the plastic aerial supplied and plug a better aerial into the socket.