digital tacho's

Last time I used a tacho they were all manual. I now have my tacho card and I am signing on with some agencies but… never used a digi tacho! Are they idiot proof? Or can someone recommend any decent youtube vids a a beginners how to?
Loved diesel saves gear box intro, feel like I need something similar for tacho.

1 DTCO 1 4 Introduction
2 DTCO 1 4 - Inserting the Driver Card and Making Manual Entries
3 DTCO 1.4 - Clock Changing and Mode Switch Selection
4 DTCO 1.4 - Ejecting the card
5 DTCO 1.4 - Understanding Printouts

Digital tachograph simulator
Be aware that the digital tachograph simulator is the old type digital tachograph, there are still plenty of them around but they are slightly different to the newer ones.

There are 2 types of digital tachograph that you’re likely to come across, Siemens and Stoneridge, Siemens are the most common.

tachograph:
1 DTCO 1 4 Introduction
2 DTCO 1 4 - Inserting the Driver Card and Making Manual Entries
3 DTCO 1.4 - Clock Changing and Mode Switch Selection
4 DTCO 1.4 - Ejecting the card
5 DTCO 1.4 - Understanding Printouts

Digital tachograph simulator
Be aware that the digital tachograph simulator is the old type digital tachograph, there are still plenty of them around but they are slightly different to the newer ones.

There are 2 types of digital tachograph that you’re likely to come across, Siemens and Stoneridge, Siemens are the most common.

No need to comment, the Oracle has spoken! :grimacing:

Am guessing if you have been driving and you need a break all you do is switch to rest mode? And do you need to hit ok?

Tommy7437:
Am guessing if you have been driving and you need a break all you do is switch to rest mode? And do you need to hit ok?

When you have a break just put the mode on break/rest don’t press anything else, on a Siemens tachograph pressing OK while stationary will take you to the print menu.

Also be careful to keep an eye on the mode whenever you stop. Some default to rest when you stop which means your falsely recording your time. Some also change when you turn the ignition on/off. I’ve been most of the way through a break and gone to open the window or turn the radio on and had to start a break all over again to reset drive time.

m1cks:
Also be careful to keep an eye on the mode whenever you stop. Some default to rest when you stop which means your falsely recording your time. Some also change when you turn the ignition on/off.

As long as the ignition remains switched on all digital tachographs should change to other work when the vehicle stops moving, only when the ignition is switched off should the tachograph mode change to whatever the default “ignition off” mode has been set to.

tachograph:

m1cks:
Also be careful to keep an eye on the mode whenever you stop. Some default to rest when you stop which means your falsely recording your time. Some also change when you turn the ignition on/off.

As long as the ignition remains switched on all digital tachographs should change to other work when the vehicle stops moving, only when the ignition is switched off should the tachograph mode change to whatever the default “ignition off” mode has been set to.

I didn’t make that clear - yes, when you stop somewhere as in to get out the vehicle, ignition off, not stopping at a set of lights etc.