Digital tachographs

Hi guys,
Just a quick question, do i need to send off either part of my driving lisence with the form or just a picture?
Also is it free, theres nothing on the form to suggest payment is required, but its a government form so… im bound to be 100% wrong lol!

Cheers

You don’t need a photograph as long as you hold a photocard licence, if you are still using an old green paper licence, then you have to exchange that first.

Payment depends on the situation, a change of address or a faulty card is free, a new application will cost a lot as will a lost card

Lol more money!!
Ok so just send the picture and the form.
Cheers

My asumption is you are applying for a digital tachograph card (digicard). It will cost you £38, payment to be sent with the form. I can’t remember re the photo though…I have the same photo on my digicard as I have on my photocard licence so I think it may be that if you have a photocard licence then the DVLA can use that photo for your digicard…but i’m not 100% on that!

Good luck

Tazbutg

MrBlobby:
Hi guys,
Just a quick question, do i need to send off either part of my driving lisence with the form or just a picture?
Also is it free, theres nothing on the form to suggest payment is required, but its a government form so… im bound to be 100% wrong lol!
Cheers

The answers are all there, right at the top of the application form :unamused: