Digital Tachographs

Ive just started driving a different motor and its got a digi tacho fitted ,ive driven several before but with this 1 i think there`s a problem.Every time i stop say to load or unload i check what hours i have driven.With this job i may have to move 3 to 4 times whilst loading.The movements never last more than 20 seconds but the tacho registers 2 to 3 minutes driving every time so i could be loading for 20 minutes and maybe spent 2 minutes shunting around but the tacho registers roughly 15 minutes is this normal or does the tacho need calibrating.If its normal you could lose a considerable amount of driving time through an average day.I was queing for a weighbridge this afternoon and i moved forward virtually 10 feet i checked the tacho and it added another minutes driving time i pressed the mode button to check my driving time and it then added another minute on whilst i was stood .

Mine does that, a friend who goes to these meetings with Vosa folk & RHA types reckons The Ministry don’t class these tacho’s as real time & will give you the benefit of the doubt IE 10hrs & 30mins is ok of driving time…

fly sheet:
Mine does that, a friend who goes to these meetings with Vosa folk & RHA types reckons The Ministry don’t class these tacho’s as real time & will give you the benefit of the doubt IE 10hrs & 30mins is ok of driving time…

Thanks for that ,if this is progress then i prefer the analogue version.It gets better if i drive for say 2 hours have quarter of an hour break then drive 30 minutes then put it on poa it clears the driving time so you have got to make a mental note of how long you`ve driven and how long your first break was.I wouldnt believe the ministry giving you the benifit of the doubt though

Mine does that too its modelled on the old 3 x 15’s etc, It often tells me I need a break when I don’t too. Its a joke really out of an ark technology in a modern world, it does’nt even know what country your in you tell it WTF??!!! Oh & its 8 mins fast & I can’t change it??!!

And if there`s a problem you can get a print out and fill it in like … wait for it … a log book :smiley: